Cubs third basemen Ian Steward could miss up to two weeks with a mild to moderate strain quad strain, according to a report in the Chicago Tribune.
Left-handed pitcher Jeff Beliveau was designated for assignment.
I’m an idiot. You knew that already, but maybe not for this reason—I thought I could be a nice guy on Twitter and have that be appreciated.
The Chicago Cubs stopped their 12-game losing streak as Alfonso Soriano hit a go-ahead home run Monday in an 11-7 win over the San Diego Padres.
For the first time in more than a year, the Chicago Cubs finally won a game in Milwaukee.
Bryan LaHair and Ian Stewart hit solo homers – a major outburst for the power-challenged Chicago Cubs – and Jeff Samardzija pitched into the eighth inning on Wednesday night for a 3-1 victory over the Cincinnati Reds.
Matt Garza executed his plan to near perfection. Garza pitched one-hit ball for seven shutout innings and struck out 10 Sunday as the Chicago Cubs beat the Philadelphia Phillies 5-1.
Johnny Cueto threw 6 1-3 strong innings to lead the Cincinnati Reds to a 4-3 win over the Chicago Cubs on Sunday.
Jeff Samardzija felt he had something to prove. He certainly made his point on the mound. Samardzija dominated into the ninth, outpitching Jordan Zimmermann, and the Chicago Cubs beat the Washington Nationals 4-3 Sunday for their first win of the Theo Epstein era.
This could have been a pretty special Opening Day for Ryan Dempster.
Here’s a look at five players who may play key roles if this is going to be a positive season on either side of town. One name you won’t see on this list is Adam Dunn.
The Cubs completely revamped their entire organization when they brought in team president Theo Epstein, general manager Jed Hoyer and manager Dale Sveum.
Ian Kennedy pitched seven strong innings, leading the Arizona Diamondbacks past a Chicago Cubs split squad 3-2 Monday.
The Cubs have agreed to one-year deals with six players to avoid salary arbitration: Jeff Baker, Blake Dewitt, Ian Stewart, Geovany Soto, Chris Volstad and Randy Wells.
The Chicago Cubs have traded outfielder Tyler Colvin and infielder DJ LeMahieu to the Colorado Rockies for infielder Ian Stewart and pitcher Casey Weathers.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!