Chicago businesses around Lincoln and Peterson say they are suffering – and some have closed – because of road construction in the area that has been going on almost two years, reports WBBM’s Steve Miller reports.
CBS 2 traffic reporter Derrick Young takes a look at a few of the biggest projects that will affect your commute.
State and local police say they’re beefing up traffic patrol as we move toward the Memorial Day weekend and the summer travel season, reports WBBM’s Bernie Tafoya.
A onetime Illinois Department of Transportation employee has been chosen by Mayor Rahm Emanuel to replace Ald. Sandi Jackson (7th).
After a season of nearly no snow, the state’s plow drivers are in full gear this Saturday morning. Overnight on the Kennedy Expressway, drivers slowed down to better navigate the snowy, slushy mess.
Chicago motorists could move along a little faster on the Dan Ryan, Eisenhower or Kennedy — for a price — under a concept transportation officials are considering.
A Cook County Circuit Court employee has been charged with stealing $3,500 in traffic ticket payments, the fourth clerk’s office employee to face criminal charges this year, prosecutors announced Tuesday.
An Illinois Department of Transportation minuteman was lending a helping hand to a driver in need, but now he is fighting for his life after being struck by a hit-and-run driver.
Disciplinary action is reportedly in store for some Illinois Department of Transportation workers accused of dumping roadkill instead of disposing of it properly.
It’s not the first time Louis Capuzi, 54, has been accused of breaking into homes. CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports.
Residents may be enjoying the mild weather so far this winter, but it’s not so nice for some businesses. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
An animal rights group wants Illinois to install highway signs in memory of cattle that died when trucks hauling them flipped in two separate wrecks.
City officials are warning travelers to factor in extra time to get to the airport. The ramps are expected to be closed for the next year.
The National Work Zone Memorial has made its way to the Illinois State Fair for the fourth time, and organizers continue hoping it drives home the message of safe driving.
The Illinois Department of Transportation has suspended one of its top officials after he was ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt.
Motorists on the Eisenhower Expressway and elsewhere are not imagining it – Illinois Department of Transportation officials agree that rebuilding the Congress Parkway Bridge is taking a lot longer than originally expected.
Gov. Pat Quinn on Friday announced the appointment of Ann L. Schneider as acting Secretary of the Illinois Department of Transportation.
The holiday driving should be easier, with many road workers taking a long weekend too.
The Illinois Department of Transportation didn’t keep adequate track of employee pay during the 2010 fiscal year, and it’s keeping quiet about what’s being done to fix the problem.
Illinois plans to repair more than 3,200 miles of road and replace or fix 611 bridges over the next six years as part of the latest update to the state road program
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!