Former U.S. Rep. Debbie Halvorson hopes that when Gov. Pat Quinn picks someone new to replace the outgoing Illinois Department of Transportation secretary in the next couple of months, he will pick her.
St. Patrick’s revelers beware — the Illinois State Police, as well as many municipal police agencies, are cracking down on impaired drivers this weekend and the consequences for getting caught driving drunk are significant, for drivers and party hosts alike.
A driver on the Bishop Ford Freeway pulled over and flagged down an Illinois Department of Transportation worker overnight.
Pace express buses will begin riding the shoulders of the Stevenson Expressway this fall, in an attempt to speed up schedules.
Emergency crews are out in force this morning, to make sure you don’t get stranded in the dangerous cold as you head out to work.
Move over, potholes. A motorist describes his dangerous encounter with one of the highway projectiles.
State and local police will be out in full force this weekend to ensure that the roads are safe.
CHICAGO (WBBM) – If you’re feeling the slightly cooler weather and starting to wonder when road construction season ends, prepare yourself for about another four to six weeks worth. There are about 250 IDOT roadwork […]
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!