Purdue figured out how to slow the pace — and still score a little, too, Wednesday night.
John Groce has been hired as the new men’s basketball coach for Illinois.
Butler’s Brad Stevens will not be taking over as Illini basketball coach.
If this pathetic, blubbering mess of failure and self-flagellation is to be somehow disinfected, it will take some real soul-searching before a reconstruction plan can be created.
Amtrak has filed an official complaint against Canadian National railway for regular delays on the route from Chicago to New Orleans.
Freshman running back Donovonn Young introduced himself to Illinois fans with a pair of touchdowns and Nathan Scheelhaase ran for two more on Saturday in a 56-3 blowout over South Dakota State.
Amtrak’s City of New Orleans train resumes service over its full route Saturday, following nearly a month of service disruptions due to flooding north of Memphis, Tenn.
University of Illinois freshman Jereme Richmond has declared for the 2011 NBA Draft, according to the school’s website. The Waukegan native is working out in Chicago and will weigh his options before signing an agent.
A published report says Illini basketball coach Bruce Weber may be looking to leave for Oklahoma.
This is the risk you run when you recruit eighth-graders.
Mike Davis tied his season high with 22 points, Demetri McCamey added 17 points and seven assists and Illinois dominated UNLV 73-62.
Mikel Leshoure worked nonstop to prepare for the NFL Combine, and that hard work payed off. Now Leshoure is a day away from his pro day, and another chance to impress the NFL scouts and coaches.
It’s filled with potential potholes and a bunch of hazard cones (orange ones, of course), and the only exit ramp off it leads straight back to Champaign.
When the Fighting Illini seniors look back on their four years of college basketball, some of their fondest memories will be of their hoarse-throated coach Bruce Weber and his temper.
Martez Wilson is among three former Fighting Illini players expected to be taken high in the NFL Draft. Unlike his former teammates, Wilson needed a big combine to solidify himself in the NFL Draft.
Frustrated Illini basketball fans don’t want to hear it. Frantic Bruce Weber critics don’t want to hear it. And, heck, to be honest, I don’t really want to hear it, either.
So, maybe this Bruce Weber guy can coach a little, after all. And perhaps Illini basketball isn’t dead just yet.
Well, tonight is it for Illinois basketball. At least, if you ask Mike Tisdale.
The Fighting Illini’s Demetri McCamey has been named a finalist for the Bob Cousy Award for the nation’s best point guard.
The State of Illinois is caught in a blizzard. And the state of Illinois basketball is caught in a bind.
So … which one digs itself out first?
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!