Illinois Attorney General
The U.S. Supreme Court is giving Illinois’ attorney general more time to decide whether to appeal a ruling that the state’s ban on the public possession of firearms is unconstitutional.
Activists staged a protest Thursday over Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan’s decision to wait until the legislature follows a court order and passes a new concealed carry law, rather than appeal the case to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan has joined the federal government and 13 other attorneys general in suing for changes in the way Standard & Poor’s rates mortgage bonds.
Two brothers are accused of trying to bilk the state of millions of dollars in gasoline taxes that consumers paid at the pump.
As discussions swirl about who will run for governor next year, one big question is: should Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan choose to challenge Gov. Pat Quinn, will her father, House Speaker Mike Madigan, step down to avoid a possible conflict of interest?
Illinois’ attorney general on Tuesday asked the entire 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to review a lawsuit challenging the state’s ban on concealed carry in an effort to salvage the only law in the nation that makes the practice entirely illegal.
There are about 40,000 drunk driving arrests in Illinois each year.
Feeling hosed at the gas pump? So is the State of Illinois. Multiple agencies are finally starting to reap the rewards of a multi-year investigation targeting gas station owners who withhold sales tax revenue.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel might have to slow down his plan to install speed cameras in school zones.
One of the country’s largest gold buyers has shut down, and is now under investigation by state and federal agencies.
A court order issued Friday requires south suburban Sauk Village to continue supplying bottled water to residents who request it, according to Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan’s office.
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan and the U.S. Department of Justice have reached a $175 million settlement with Wells Fargo on claims that the bank steered African-Americans and Latinos into risky subprime loans.
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan is hoping to educate people regarding the potential to get taken for a ride when buying a used car.
Remember the Skechers “toning” workout shoes that promised the world? Weight loss, improved circulation, even eliminating cellulite? On Wednesday, the company agreed to pay $50 million to settle lawsuits accusing them of misleading advertising.
Four contractors are being sued by the Illinois Attorney General for ripping off local homeowners, and one of the operations was first exposed by CBS 2′s Dave Savini during a hidden-camera investigation last year.
A Chicago woman says she forked over $1,800 to a company that kept the money instead of paying off her debt. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
As part of a $25 billion nationwide settlement with the country’s five largest banks, struggling Illinois homeowners are expected to get about $1 billion to settle allegations of fraudulent and improper foreclosure practices.
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan has filed a lawsuit against Standard & Poor’s claiming the credit ratings agency fraudulently gave high ratings to risky mortgage-backed investments in the years prior to the 2008 housing market crash.
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan has filed suit against Westwood College, charging the institution with deceiving students into piling up tens of thousands of dollars in student loans for meaningless degrees in criminal justice.
Three Chicago area firms have been sued by the Illinois Attorney General’s Office for allegedly scamming people out of money to help them with their mortgages.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With WomanA federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!