Illinois Department of Children and Family Services
The state Department of Children and Family Services is investigating allegations of abuse and neglect after four children were hospitalized after police responded to a domestic disturbance in the Chatham neighborhood on the South Side on Tuesday night.
A few hundred employees of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services rallied in front of the Thompson Center this afternoon, protesting layoffs at the agency.
The West Aurora High School District is in trouble with the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services over an allegation involving a teacher.
The Illinois Dept of Children and Family Services is warning in a published report that budget cuts mandated by the General Assembly are going to have a severe impact.
The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services is investigating the death of a 1-year-old girl in the Roseland neighborhood last night.
A 2-month-old girl from Cicero is dead, and now her family is facing allegations of neglect.
The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services in investigating accusations of neglect, for the family that lived in the Far South Side apartment where a fire broke out early Tuesday and killed two children.
Police are questioning the parents of a 3-month old Jefferson Park girl who died on Tuesday as a result of several injuries from child abuse.
It’s the worst kind of crime – abuse against mentally ill children – and it’s happening at the very place they turn for help: a psychiatric hospital.
The State of Illinois is moving to steer foster families to new agencies, even as Catholic Charities prepares to fight a court ruling allowing the state to end its relationship with the agency.
An autopsy was planned for Wednesday afternoon for 2-year-old Abigail Holland, whose body was found floating in an above-ground pool Tuesday at an in-home day care operation in Aurora.
Following a legal dispute over the right to turn away same-sex couples in civil unions, the State of Illinois has decided not to renew adoption and foster care contracts with Catholic Charities.
STEGER, Ill. (CBS) — State officials were investigating allegations of neglect against the adult sister of a 10-year-old boy who drowned in a swimming pool last week in south suburban Steger. Anthony Perkins, of University […]
The state Department of Children and Family Services is investigating after a 2-year-old boy south suburban boy died Tuesday at a hospital.
A 17-year-old Harvey girl who had been in state care for most of her life died Monday due to injuries she suffered when she was shaken as a baby.
A 9-month-old girl accidentally drowned in a tub Thursday night after a woman left an 8-year-old in charge of babysitting the infant, police said.
State authorities have launched an investigation into the death of a south suburban infant, in light of an allegation of neglect.
EVANSTON, Ill. (WBBM) – An autopsy conducted Sunday afternoon on an infant boy from Evanston proved inconclusive.
Police and the state are investigating the death of a 3-month-old west suburban girl found under a car seat in a Chicago home on Sunday.
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.317
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!