Illinois Department Of Employment Security
Jobs from health care to sales are all seeing increases in listings in the Chicago metro area.
Get an inside look at what it takes to be a clinic coordinator for a public health department.
Professional and business services jobs showed significant gains year over year in the Chicago metro area.
Debra Albert in Chicago explains the role that education has played in her career as chief nursing officer.
Computer and mathematical-related jobs are in high demand in the Chicago metro area.
Job losses were widespread across a range of different types of employers, and indicated that two previous months of increases weren’t a fluke, one economist said.
An expert discusses education trends for nurses in Chicago.
Want to be a nurse? In Chicago, demand for nurses remains high.
Looking for a job? Jobs in fields like nursing, security and criminal justice are hiring in Chicago.
Do you have what it takes to be senior management? If so, now is the time to act.
Criminal justice continues to be a burgeoning field for job seekers.
The unemployment rate in the Chicago area fell to 8.4 percent in October from 9.8 percent a year earlier and the area added 24,200 jobs, the Illinois Department of Employment Security said Wednesday.
The latest news on Illinois’ unemployment rate is neither really bad nor really good.
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (CBS) — Job prospects are beginning to look more promising for the state’s military veterans. As WBBM Newsradio’s Catherine Catalane reports, for returning veterans in Illinois, the unemployment rate is better than other […]
The unemployment rate in Illinois inched up in October, and is now more than 1 percent higher than the national average.
The unemployment rate in Illinois jumped to 9.5 percent in July from a revised 9.1 percent in June, rising for the third straight month, and the state lost 24,900 jobs month-over-month, according to the Illinois Department of Employment Security.
Unemployment in Illinois was up modestly last month, breaking a 15-month trend of declining joblessness in the state.
The unemployment rate in the Chicago area fell to 8.7 percent in March from 9 percent in February and from 11.1 percent in March 2010, the Illinois Department of Employment Security said Thursday.
The worsening economy has now hit teenagers, and new statistics for Illinois show that African-American teens in particular are more likely to be without a job.
Illinois’ seasonally adjusted unemployment rate fell for the 13th consecutive month in February, dropping -0.1 to 8.9 percent. The last time the state rate was below 9.0 percent was two years ago in February 2009.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!