Illinois Department Of Revenue
Congress isn’t the only government body facing a “financial cliff.” Illinois lawmakers also are being warned about the state’s dire financial situation, which could get even worse if the federal government has to slash funding to the states.
The Illinois Department of Revenue says many Illinoisans who filed their tax returns the old-fashioned way are still waiting for refunds.
The Civic Federation is proposing a legal standard for nonprofit hospitals to qualify for property tax exemptions.
The Cook County Assessor’s Office is trying to collect property taxes from Prentice Women’s Hospital at Northwestern, as a dispute continues over the tax-exempt status of hospitals in Illinois.
Illinois is apparently due million of dollars from some of the State’s 24-hundred gas station operators.
For the first time, Cook County could soon be collecting property taxes from one of Chicago’s biggest and most successful hospitals.
Illinois State Sen. Iris Martinez (D-Chicago) is using a state decision to end tax breaks for some hospitals, as a lever to produce more charity care for the needy.
Three Illinois hospitals have been told they’ll have to start paying property taxes, but the hospitals warn the move will affect everyone’s health care.
The state brought in about as much money as expected over the last fiscal year, thanks in part to personal and corporate income tax increases.
The Illinois Auditor General says if the state is not careful, your income tax information could wind up in the wrong hands.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!