Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency has allowed state power generators to increase the temperature of cooling water that can be discharged into lakes and rivers, because of this summer’s heat and drought, but an environmental group says that might not be a good idea.
Residents of Sauk Village can stop drinking bottled water, after the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency announced the chemical vinyl chloride is no longer being detected in the village’s drinking water supply.
This summer may be one of the hottest in recent memory, but it is also one of the worst for air quality.
CBS 2 has learned the temporary fix to the tainted water system in Sauk Village might cost far more than anybody thought before it’s finished.
Sauk Village’s recent woes over contaminated drinking water have served as a reminder of similar problems another Chicago suburb faced five years ago, when residents discovered their drinking water had been contaminated for years.
A court order issued Friday requires south suburban Sauk Village to continue supplying bottled water to residents who request it, according to Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan’s office.
The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency has stepped in to help Sauk Village officials find a way to clean their town’s contaminated water supply.
Earlier this week, residents had been told that cancer-causing vinyl chloride made the water unsafe. Business owners were told to use alternative sources of water.
There is still no timetable for when the water in Sauk Village will be safe to drink, and some say the only solution may be to start stocking up on bottled water.
Everyone wants to stay hydrated with the temperature expected to approach 100 degrees Tuesday, but in Sauk Village, they’re stuck with bottled water.
Illinois used Earth Day Weekend to announce nearly $5 million in Green Infrastructure Grants statewide.
Gov. Pat Quinn’s office says it’s just a rumor at this point, but talk is circulating that Ald. Joe Moore (49th) might be going off to Springfield as the new head of the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency.
The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency is targeting a prominent Markham businessman for illegal dumping.
You’d be better off with your freckles or spots than with a dangerous cream containing mercury.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!