Illinois State Police
Illinois State Police say they’re trying to deal with a huge backlog of applications for Firearms Owner Identification cards.
Retire at 50 and collect more than $100,000 a year – that’s the plan for a special group of state workers. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
Illinois Senate legislation touted as a compromise between Chicagoans weary of street violence and gun owners eager to legally carry concealed weapons elsewhere appears more restrictive than promised, according to a copy obtained by The Associated Press. It will be redrafted before it’s even filed, a spokeswoman said Monday.
The truck driver involved in the fiery Tri-State Tollway crash last month that killed an Illinois State Police trooper allegedly fell asleep behind the wheel before the truck he was driving veered out of its lane, according to a report obtained by the Sun-Times.
The man suspected of storming into a south-central Illinois home and killing five members of the same family had a dispute with one of his alleged victims, but authorities Thursday were trying to determine if it was related to custody of a child.
Hundreds of police officers packed into a Palos Heights church on Tuesday for the funeral of Trooper James Sauter, who was killed last week when a semi-trailer truck slammed into his patrol car.
James Sauter died Thursday night when a semi-tractor-trailer truck slammed into his state police cruiser on the Tri-State Tollway.
The trooper’s squad car was rear-ended by a semi-trailer truck around 11 p.m. Thursday in the southbound lanes of Interstate 294 near Willow Road.
More than 70,000 FOID card applications have been received in March, putting it on track to be the record month so far for the program.
An Illinois State Police trooper helped save a University of Illinois student’s life during the snowstorm in central Illinois on Monday, when he and two other men lifted a car off the young man after he’d been hit by a car along I-57.
FBI agents, state police, and other law enforcement officials were at the Northern Illinois University campus on Wednesday to execute a search warrant.
The deadly school shooting spree last week in Connecticut prompted Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn to push for a review of school safety measures in the state.
A bridge that was the scene of a state trooper’s death 15 years ago has been re-named in his honor.
A pedestrian and an Illinois State Police trooper were hospitalized after a “serious traffic crash” on Interstate 55 near southwest suburban Lemont.
The accused in that rape case is a former NIU police officer, Andrew Rifkin. He was charged with sexually assaulting a student last year and then fired by the NIU Police Department.
Once, they were teenagers — convicted of the 1991 rape and murder of a 14-year-old girl in Dixmoor. Now, the “Dixmoor Five” are adults: freed from prison by DNA, and they are suing authorities who investigated the case.
Volo resident Aneta M. Marsek, 33, was reported missing, along with her daughters, Chevelle, 2, and four-month-old Macenzie, earlier this week.
Aneta M. Marsek, 33, of Volo, Ill. and her two children – Chevelle, 2, and four-month-old Macenzie – have not been seen since Saturday evening, family members told Lake County sheriff’s police.
Illinois safety officials have a new Labor Day mantra, as they try to stem the state’s rising highway death toll.
The Illinois Department of Transportation has announced the opening of its Labor Day effort called, “Drive Sober or Get Pulled over.”
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 7 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 7 hours ago