Illinois State Police
We’ve all been there: rolling down the expressway when a group of motorcycles speed past, darting between cars.
The Officer of the Year for the Illinois State Police is proficient at racking up DUI and other traffic arrests, but he’s modest about it.
Illinois State Police are teaming up with Skokie and Lincolnwood police to try to catch “rogue riders” – people who recklessly drive racing motorcycles on the Edens Expressway.
Illinois State Police have closed the Lincoln Tollway Oasis on the Tri-State (I-294), as they investigate an armed robbery.
Illinois State Police said it appears a teenage driver wasn’t paying attention when he pulled in front of a semi-trailer truck on Monday in Kendall County, causing a wreck that killed him and his two teenage passengers.
Two cars were damaged by falling concrete on the Eisenhower Expressway on Monday.
An Illinois state maintenance worker is credited with stopping a wrong-way driver on the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway.
A 17-year-old girl was killed in a three-vehicle crash Saturday morning on the Veterans Memorial Tollway (I-355) near west suburban Downers Grove, state police said.
New questions are being raised in the case of a father from Oswego who stands charged with killing his wife and three children in 2007.
Lake County prosecutors have decided not to seek criminal charges against North Chicago police officers in connection to the death of a man who was involved in a violent confrontation with police last November.
This St. Patrick’s Day weekend will be one of bacchanalian revelry for many, and police are warning those who partake to bring a designated driver.
A lawsuit is being filed Thursday against Illinois State Police and the Village of Westchester for the handling of a woman’s drunken driving arrest last September.
A 34-year-old woman is facing drunken driving charges, after two Illinois State Police troopers were injured while pulling her out of her burning sport-utility vehicle on I-94 in Dolton over the weekend.
About 10 people marched with the family of 15-year-old Stephon Watts Saturday, demanding sanctions against the Calumet City police officers who shot the autistic teen to death.
It’s been months since a 45-year-old man died one week after North Chicago police officers allegedly beat him during an arrest, but Lake County authorities have yet to issue an autopsy report. Attorneys said Wednesday an independent autopsy proves Darrin Hanna died from police brutality.
More than 700 people attended a funeral service in Dolton for the 15-year-old boy with autism who was shot to death February first by Calumet City Police.
A Chicago man charged with DUI after allegedly crashing into a parked State Police car, killing a civilian keeping warm inside after a crash, was ordered held on $1 million Sunday in DuPage County.
Officials filed charges against a motorist accused of killing a man and hurting an Illinois State Police trooper Saturday in a wreck on the Eisenhower Expressway in west suburban Addison.
A missing 2-year-old girl from Racine, Wis., was found with her father on the city’s Southeast Side Wednesday morning, after the girl’s mother was killed in a homicide.
A 25-year-old woman whose rape kit went untested for 10 years sues the city of Harvey.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!