illinois state treasurer
The Illinois State Treasurer’s office has some Christmas gift suggestions: unclaimed property that will be auctioned off online later this month.
For Illinois GOP delegates, getting to the Republican National Convention in Tampa was a pain on Tuesday, but once inside, the delegation’s chairman had a little fun.
For the second year in a row, the public has a chance to see the inside of the Illinois Treasurer’s vault at the state Capitol in Springfield.
Rick Santorum dropped out of the Republican race for president on Tuesday, clearing the way for a showdown between President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney in November. The head of Romney’s campaign in Illinois credited this state as having a big influence in Santorum’s decision to end his bid for the GOP nomination.
It’s going to be painful. Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn was putting the finishing touches Tuesday night on what can only be called a bad news budget; one which might stop the bleeding, but does little to treat the wound.
Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford says it’s time for long-range planning to come to government, and the state should be run more like a business.
If your life lacks a mint sheet of Elvis Presley Stamps, a Davy Crockett Pencil Set or a five pound silver coin, the State of Illinois has the answer with an on-line auction running through Sunday.
Illinois politicians were quick to weigh in after former Gov. Rod Blagojevich was sentenced to 14 years in prison on Wednesday for his corruption convictions, largely saying they hope it puts an end to corruption in the governor’s office.
The Illinois State Treasurer’s vault at the state Capitol is running out of room, and Treasurer Dan Rutherford is now auctioning some of the assets online.
A college savings program sponsored by the Illinois State Treasurer’s office has sent out more than 36,000 letters that had the recipient’s Social Security number on the outside of the envelope.
Some of America’s heroes have been separated from the medals they earned by serving our country, and Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford is on a mission to reunite them.
Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford says a new state law makes it easier for people to catch up with un-cashed paychecks they may have forgotten about, or never received.
Illinois’ state treasurer and comptroller have given up, at least for now, on the idea of unifying their offices.
Illinois Treasurer Dan Rutherford suspended a top administrator for a college-savings program because she let some state employees in on a state-matching opportunity before the public heard about it.
Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford concedes there were mistakes made in a promotion for the state’s Bright Start college fund program.
Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford said Sunday that the state’s gargantuan debt has pushed Illinois to “the verge of a financial disaster.”
Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford has been in office for a little more than 100 days and, like other politicians, he used the milestone to highlight his accomplishments.
Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford said Tuesday that he’s encouraged by the atmosphere around the Capitol this year as budget negotiations heat up.
Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford said Thursday that he’s cutting his office’s budget by pinching pennies wherever he can.
The state of Illinois is sitting on $1.5 billion and it’s just waiting for you or someone you know to claim it. It’s money owed to millions of people — unclaimed cash and property sitting in a vault in the State Capitol.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!