Illinois Supreme Court
Some members of the City Council’s Progressive Reform Caucus want to give the city’s Inspector General increased powers; perhaps more authority than Mayor Rahm Emanuel would want him to have.
With a high-profile triple murder trial underway in DuPage County with a camera in the courtroom, Cook County’s chief judge was left wondering when Chicago would be able to follow suit within its own court system.
The Illinois Supreme Court on Thursday unanimously reversed an appeals court decision clearing the two owners of the former E2 nightclub of indirect criminal contempt charges, filed after 21 people died in a stampede at the club in 2003.
A McHenry County judge will preside over the politically-charged involuntary manslaughter case against Richard “R.J.” Vanecko, a nephew of former Mayor Richard M. Daley, who is accused of killing David Koschman in 2004.
After a judge with ties to former Mayor Richard M. Daley recused himself from the involuntary manslaughter case against a Daley nephew, Cook County Chief Judge Timothy Evans is asking the state’s highest court to appoint a judge from outside the county.
The Illinois Supreme Court will issue an order Monday permitting live broadcast coverage of trials in DuPage County.
If you don’t know the names of the three branches of government, but you do know the names all the judges on “American Idol,” you might not have had enough civics in high school.
Cook County’s chief judge says his court system should be ready to introduce cameras in courtrooms by the end of the year, although Illinois Supreme Court officials say there’s no specific timetable for putting them in place.
In a case that highlights one of the unusual incongruities of state laws, the Illinois Supreme Court ruled Thursday that a downstate man didn’t commit a crime when he had sex with his 17-year-old girlfriend, but he did break the law when he took pictures of them in the act.
Televised trials are coming to two more counties not far from Chicago.
The Illinois Supreme Court has ruled that a challenge to the Cook County assault weapons ban may proceed, reversing a lower court decision.
The Illinois State Supreme Court has sided with the Chicago Public Schools, saying the district does not have to rehire tenured teachers it had laid off.
The Illinois Supreme Court has ordered a hearing for a convicted rapist who claims he was tortured into a false confession by detectives working for Cmdr. Jon Burge.
Chief judges in circuit courts around the state are considering the Illinois Supreme Court’s decision to allow cameras and microphones in courtrooms.
The Illinois Supreme Court heard oral arguments Wednesday on an attempt to overturn Cook County’s ban on so-called assault weapons.
The Illinois Supreme Court has suspended former Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s law license “until further notice.”
The Illinois Supreme Court has denied former Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson’s request to be released from jail while he awaits trial on charges that he killed his third wife, Kathleen Savio.
The Illinois Supreme Court will hear arguments Thursday regarding a convicted rapist’s effort to get a new trial, based on an alleged tortured confession.
Former Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson is taking his case to the Illinois Supreme Court Tuesday, in an effort to get out of jail.
In a world in which you can cheaply video-chat with your grandchildren, the Illinois judicial system is farther behind these cyber-times than you may think.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!