About 100 Latino immigrants packed a town hall meeting held by Congressman Dan Lipinski in Orland Park today pressing him on the issue of immigration reform, reports WBBM’s Mike Krauser.
While immigrants and supporters were attending Tuesday’s May Day rally for immigration reform in downtown Chicago, they say agents with Homeland Security were arresting some of their family members in their homes.
A conservative watch dog group has sued Sheriff Tom Dart for following Cook County laws on the release of immigrants from custody.
A liberal coalition is trying to head off a plan to replace diversity and family with, money and degrees as qualifications for a new life in this country.
Immigration was on the minds of leaders from the Polish-American and Ukranian-American communities as they met with U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin on Chicago’s northwest side Saturday.
Talk of a political compromise on the nation’s immigration policies dominated a rally and workshops on the issue Saturday at Malcolm X College.
CBS 2′s Jim Williams takes a look at how the new policy could be life-changing for one Chicago area man who has been living in fear.
On a recent day, they say, Chicago police and Immigration showed up and hauled seven workers away.
The Senate Executive Committee voted 12-2 to advance the plan.
Republican efforts to promote hatred across racial and religious lines are heating up this electoral season. They have found a new warrior to promote the cause in Arizona, Gabriela Saucedo Mercer. Mercer has questioned whether Middle Easterners should be in the US “either legally or illegally”.
Yesterday the Obama administration put in place provisions of the DREAM Act that brought many young people out of the shadows to participate in the American Dream. On the same day a judge in Pennsylvania let stand what may be the most egregious attempt at voter suppression in a generation.
President Obama won big this week with the Supreme Court decisions on Obamacare and immigration. While Mitt Romney and the Tea Party couldn’t have had a worse week.
After the Supreme Court decision on the Arizona immigration law, SB 1070, the Obama administration announced that it is revoking agreements with Arizona police over the enforcement of federal immigration laws.
While neither side has totally won, the high court’s decision on Arizona’s controversial immigration law, SB 1070, is definitely a blow to President Barack Obama.
President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder won an overwhelming victory as the Supreme Court struck down 3 of 4 provisions of the controversial Arizona immigration law, SB 1070.
Under the high court’s 5-3 ruling, police officers in Arizona can still ask everyone they stop or arrest to prove they are in the country legally.
Mitt Romney has provided no details, not even a hint, of what his immigration plan is. Either this is a lousy sales job, which is bad, or he has no idea there’s a difference between running Bain Capital and running the nation, which is worse.
People who claim that Obama is being heckled and disrespected more than any other president tend to have a short memory.
The guy who passed health care reform in Massachusetts and vowed to repeal the Affordable Care Act can’t take a policy position on Obama’s executive order on immigration enforcement?
The new initiative affects as many as 800,000 people, including a young woman who spoke to CBS 2’s Suzanne Le Mignot.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!