The NATO delegates haven’t arrived in Chicago for the weekend’s summit yet, but the protesters have already been busy for two days, and at least 12 protesters have been arrested in that time.
About 50 immigration rights activists are staging a 48-hour walk from Chicago’s Little Village neighborhood to far south suburban Crete.
U.S. immigration officials have selected the south suburb as a possible new site for a lockup where hundreds could be detained. But some residents are saying “Not in my back yard,” CBS 2’s Pamela Jones reports.
U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) has launched a new push to inform immigrants about new deportation rules.
What started out as a Homeland Security hearing turned into a protest in the streets on Wednesday.
The U.S. House of Representatives has decided not to pursue ethics sanctions against Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.), who was arrested last week while protesting in front of the White House.
Two months after the Illinois DREAM Act passed the General Assembly, Gov. Pat Quinn is expected to sign it into law Monday.
The Major League Baseball Players Association will not ask players to skip next week’s All-Star game in protest of Arizona’s polarizing immigration law.
State lawmakers and advocates for immigrants’ rights are condemning a federal program, which they say is targeting families and not the worst criminals for which it was designed.
About 150 people marched this morning from the federal immigrant detention center in Broadview to a Catholic church in Melrose Park two miles away, their third annual Christmastime posada.
A vote on the “DREAM Act” in the U.S. Senate has been put off because Democrats don’t have the votes to get it passed right now.
Congressman Luis Gutierrez is asking for a humanitarian visa for the family of a National Guard soldier from Chicago.
The gloves came off, as the candidates for the U.S. Senate squared off in a one-hour debate.
So is it still too early to consider the baseball season over yet Chicago? Do you still have a glimmer of hope that two teams that have crawled to almost identical horse **** records through […]
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.315
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7027
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!