Income Tax Hike
A lobbying group for Illinois’ small business owners says it’s time for major reforms from state government to improve the state’s deteriorating business climate.
Marking the first anniversary of the income tax hike approved by Gov. Pat Quinn and the Democrat-controlled legislature, Republican lawmakers hammered Democrats over the tax increase, saying people don’t like it and it’s not working.
The long-term forecast for the Illinois budget looks gloomy, with less state money available and government services facing cuts, Gov. Pat Quinn’s office said Tuesday.
With many states trying to lure away Illinois businesses in the wake of a state income tax hike, Illinois lawmakers are moving to force companies that work for Illinois government to promise not to move out of the state.
An Illinois trade show marketing firm is moving across the state line to Wisconsin in the wake of a major income tax hike.
A new report from the University of Illinois on Wednesday said that the income tax hike recently approved by Gov. Pat Quinn and the General Assembly is not enough of a solution to the state’s $15 billion deficit.
A former Illinois state lawmaker was given an $86,000 state job after she voted in favor of a major income tax hike backed by Gov. Pat Quinn, but she and the governor’s office say there’s no connection.
Now that Gov. Pat Quinn has signed the Illinois income tax hike into law, you will soon see the effects in your paychecks, and you’re going to owe for the first two weeks of the year too.
There are at least two campaigns to recall Gov. Pat Quinn over the personal and corporate income tax hikes.
Mayoral candidate Carol Moseley Braun is blasting the Illinois General Assembly’s approval of a massive income tax hike.
Some local businesses were warning of potential cutbacks and layoffs – perhaps even moving out of state – in light of a looming income tax hike in Illinois.
Gov. Pat Quinn is defending his support for a massive income tax increase, saying the state was facing a crisis and “we had to take decisive action.”
A plan to raise income taxes in Illinois has passed its first test in Springfield, winning support of a House committee, sending the measure to the full House for a vote.
The Better Government Association describes the income tax hike being cooked up in Springfield as “closed-door backroom dealing.”
Lawmakers in Springfield still cannot come to an agreement on whether to increase the state income tax before the new Illinois General Assembly is sworn in later this week.
Even if state lawmakers approve a major income tax hike as Gov. Pat Quinn is inaugurated for his first elected term, the state’s budget problems will last long after he’s sworn in on Monday.
Illinois lawmakers left Springfield on Friday without voting on a major income tax hike as Democratic leaders tried to drum up support for a plan aimed at solving the state’s budget mess.
Gov. Pat Quinn and both houses of the Illinois General Assembly have agreed on raising the state income tax.
- Winning Powerball Ticket Sold In FloridaIt's all about the odds, and one lone ticket in Florida has beaten them all by matching each of the numbers drawn for the highest Powerball jackpot in history at an estimated $590.5 million, lottery officials said Sunday.129
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.408
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!