The number of deadly crashes on Illinois roads is up 9 percent from this time last year, according to a published report.
The Illinois State Senate Executive Committee has approved a plan to increase the state’s minimum wage, and let it increase automatically in the future.
Some suburbanites are feeling the pain of decreasing property values and increased taxes.
Starting Wednesday, Metra riders will see a big increase in fares, with most riders paying 30 percent more.
Commuters riding the South Shore between Northwest Indiana and downtown Chicago could be hit with a 5 percent fare increase as soon as next month.
Starting Sunday, it’s going to be a lot more expensive to drive on Illinois’ tollways.
Finances are on the mind of Chicago Public Schools chief executive officer Jean-Claude Brizard, on the first day of the new school year for some students.
The number of Illinoisans telling the U.S. Census Bureau they’re part of a same-sex couple has jumped significantly.
Average gasoline prices in Chicago increased about a nickel per gallon in the past week and is $1.17 a gallon more expensive than a year ago.
Chicago Public Schools administrators, still faced with a deficit of more than $600 million after making significant cuts, are considering more job cuts and a property tax increase.
Unemployment in Illinois was up modestly last month, breaking a 15-month trend of declining joblessness in the state.
Peoples Gas customers may see a spike in their bills next year after the company asked the state to approve a 10% delivery charge increase for Chicago customers and a 3% hike for those in the northeastern suburbs.
It now costs more to ride a bus in Gary, Ind.
Not only are you paying more for Chicago parking payboxes and state income taxes, but now, your phone bill is also going up if you have an AT&T landline in your home.
The Illinois Senate has begun debating a major tax increase as Democratic leaders fight the clock and reluctant lawmakers.
The company that leases Chicago’s streetside parking spaces has already begun implementing a scheduled rate hike, starting with the most expensive zones.
Property taxes have been going up across the Chicago area. CBS 2′s Mike Parker talked to one condo owner whose tax bill nearly doubled.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!