Paula Cooper, 15, was sentenced to death for the 1985 murder of a Gary, Ind. woman. She’s about to be released, with the blessing of the victim’s grandson. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
Promila Mehta-Paul disappeared shortly after making a deposit at a local bank. On Thursday, there was some activity at the missing woman’s house.
Beth Roche had just cheered from the sidelines April 15 as her daughter, Rebecca, crossed the finish line when the first of the two bombs went off. The mother’s left leg suffered extensive damage.
Ralph Perez Martinez, 57, was charged with murder, robbery and criminal confinement.
Black Oak has been decaying for decades, and nobody’s done a thing about it, CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports.
Four people have been charged with murder and criminal gang activity in connection with the shooting death of a 14-year-old boy in Merrillville last week.
Dustin McCowan was apparently jealous in his rocky relationship with Amanda Bach, 19, of Portage. Police found her body close to railroad tracks, about 300 yards from his home.
A suspect hid in the woman’s minivan while she was shopping inside the gas station and revealed himself once she drove away, forcing her to drive to various locations.
Danielle Gandy-Dunn says lupus and a muscle disorder have weakened her legs so much she needs a wheelchair to get around Ivy Tech Community College. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
BP initially paid Brian Cebra $9,400 for an initial round of bad-gas repairs. But then six weeks later when his wife was driving the truck died. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
Former Gov. George Ryan left the federal prison in Terre Haute, Ind., on Wednesday, moving to a halfway house on the Near West Side to complete his sentence.
One or two messages a week are flagged by authorities for following up, Police Chief Troy Williams says. CBS 2′s Chris Martinez reports.
A massive fire gutted a commercial-residential building in downtown Whiting, Ind., displacing residents from seven apartments and keeping firefighters outside in cold temperatures Sunday evening.
Two women, who battled an emptiness in their hearts for so long, were reunited Monday. Those two hearts are full again. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
Police say someone on the phone with a bank teller called police when the teller suddenly dropped the phone just before 11 a.m. Shortly after police arrived, the gunman opened fire.
The discovery of a body in rural Lake County, Ind. on Sunday prompted investigators there to wonder whether it could be that of missing Calumet City woman Gena Chiodo, whose boyfriend has been charged with her murder.
CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey talked with Damita Nicholson’s family. They’re grieving for a young mom taken too soon, CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey reports.
Westfield South Lake Mall was temporarily evacuated after the 6:30 p.m. shooting, but shoppers later returned before the shopping center closed for the night.
The suspect may have gotten away with the cash, but surveillance cameras captured his every move. CBS 2′s Mai Martinez reports.
With only seconds to react, a 14-year-old girl’s quick thinking helped her and her brother escape from harm. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaThe massive EF-4 tornado to hit Moore, Okla., is rare, but twisters with that kind of force have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!