Are you looking for a place to watch fireworks in the Chicago area?
Have some fun with a DIY Fourth of July!
Ongoing federal budget cuts prompted Naval Station Great Lakes in far north suburban Lake County to cancel this year’s Independence Day celebration.
One northwest suburb is hoping residents will pay out of their own pockets for next year’s July 4th fireworks display.
Sources say at least 28 people were arrested overnight for a series of violent attacks across the city, including 11 arrested for beating a man leaving the July 4th fireworks at Navy Pier.
Gunfire has taken another deadly toll on the city, leaving at least three people dead and 13 more wounded in shootings on the 4th of July alone.
The 4th of July isn’t just any holiday for a man named Ron Raidy. It’s anniversary of the day he died and was brought back to life.
Americans should want to celebrate the 4th of July and at least give some sign of wanting the celebrations that have been cut from municipalities’ budgets.
Wednesday’s heat and humidity didn’t stop the 4th of July parade in Hoffman Estates, where four towns were coming together to celebrate the nation’s birthday.
This year, 2.4 million people in Illinois will take to the road for the Independence Day holiday, and most are already gone.
While Americans are celebrating Independence Day tomorrow, one Crestwood family will have even more to celebrate – the safe homecoming of a soldier who had been serving in Afghanistan.
While the drought has forced some suburbs to cancel fireworks this year, Sunday’s storms have halted the parade and the fireworks in Wheaton.
One Chicago suburb is cancelling its July 4th fireworks display, but it has nothing to do with budget problems.
Northwest suburban Rolling Meadows is trying to put together a 4th of July parade — on the cheap.
With Americans across the nation pausing to mark the nation’s birthday on Monday, many people in the Chicago area were taking their Independence Day celebrations to the suburbs, as the city has scaled back its own Fourth of July festivities.
Chicagoans were celebrating Independence Day on a bit more modest scale on Monday. It’s a day for family, fireworks, and fun; and for many, that means heading out for a parade.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel will celebrate the Independence Day holiday by watching fireworks Monday night with friends.
Listen live to special Fourth of July programming at these CBS radio stations wherever you are across the country. Whether you’re looking for summer favorites or country classics, there’s a weekend-long playlist for you and […]
Whether you’re planning a barbeque, fireworks-viewing party or road trip, we’ve got your patriotic soundtrack covered! America’s countryside, cities, freedom and flag have been the inspiration for countless songwriters. Many of the U.S.’s most distinctive […]
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!