Donald Walsh was initially charged with domestic battery and aggravated domestic battery in July after Mokena police arrested him for allegedly beating his ex-girlfriend at her home. This week, a Will County grand jury indicted Walsh on a residential burglary charge, for which he was arraigned on Friday.
Jim McPherson, 21, was indicted on first-degree murder charges for allegedly shooting Janay McFarlane, 18, the night of Feb. 15. The teenager’s younger sister was in Chicago the same day her sister was shot, listening to President Obama’s anti-violence speech.
Conley was charged with escaping from the MCC on Dec. 18, 2012 with his cellmate Joseph Jose Banks by scaling 17 floors down the side of the jail on a rope made of bedsheets and other material, according to the FBI.
A nephew of former Mayor Richard M. Daley has been indicted for involuntary manslaughter in the 2004 death of David Koschman.
La Shawn Ford is urging his colleagues to reserve judgment and allow him to continue to serve.
State Rep. La Shawn Ford has been indicted on federal bank fraud charges, accused of falsifying bank loans to get an additional $500,000 in credit for his real estate business, and then using the funds for personal and campaign expenses.
A 10th Chicago police officer has been indicted in the FBI’s ongoing investigation of a scheme in which tow truck operators were paying bribes to cops who steered them work.
Fresh off regaining his seat in the Illinois House on Tuesday, Derrick Smith starred in a wild episode of Chicago-style politics Thursday morning, claiming himself to be “a new man,” and slamming Democratic Party leaders who tried to stop his bid to get back to Springfield.
An Antioch area man accused of murdering his long-time partner has been indicted by a Lake County grand jury on first-degree murder charges.
The young woman accused of running over and killing a 5-year-old girl in Highland Park on Labor Day has been indicted for reckless homicide and driving under the influence.
Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White says, if he knew then what he knows now, he would never have supported indicted former State Rep. Derrick Smith, and there would be no controversy about the fate of Smith’s former House seat.
Some of the same Democratic Party leaders who supported Illinois State Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago) are now forming a third party looking for someone to run against him.
State Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago) told a special legislative panel Thursday that he is innocent of the federal bribery charges he is facing, but he refused to testify under oath.
Federal marshals are now caring for more than 300 champion horses owned by the indicted former longtime comptroller and treasurer for the town of Dixon, Ill.
Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White is renewing his call for indicted state Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago) to step down, and says the lawmaker would have done so if not for the paycheck.
Despite winning the Democratic primary, state Rep. Derrick Smith should not remain on the ballot, Emanuel said Friday.
The Cook County Board on Thursday is holding its first meeting since Commissioner William Beavers (D-4th) was indicted by federal authorities on tax fraud charges.
Former NFL wide receiver Sam Hurd was indicted Wednesday on federal drug conspiracy and possession charges after he and another man were accused of trying to establish a drug-dealing network.
A homeless man who allegedly broke into the home of White Sox general manager Kenny Williams, then drank beer, ate pizza and defrosted a lobster, was formally charged with burglary on Monday.
Two Chicago Police officers accused of sexually assaulting women on the North Side earlier this year while on duty were indicted on Wednesday.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!