As he made his first court appearance on federal bank fraud charges, state Rep. La Shawn Ford got the rock star treatment from dozens of West Side residents who came out to show their support for the embattled lawmaker.
La Shawn Ford is urging his colleagues to reserve judgment and allow him to continue to serve.
Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White said Saturday he hopes state lawmakers find a way to oust Derrick Smith from the Illinois House again, after he was re-elected despite being ousted by his colleagues over his bribery indictment.
The head of a now defunct sports auction house has been indicted, along with two other executives, for scamming customers into buying high-priced items that weren’t authentic, or otherwise less valuable than advertised.
A campaign worker for former state Sen. Rickey Hendon is among the seven people arrested on federal bribery charges.
Defense attorneys have released an indictment handed up by a Cook County grand jury, against three out-of-town men behind held on terrorism-related charges for their alleged activities before the NATO summit.
Five Indiana men have been indicted for a mob attack that targeted an alleged white supremacist group at a Tinley Park restaurant last month.
A special Illinois House investigative committee has issued a report finding lawmakers have enough evidence to punish state Rep. Derrick Smith, amid allegations he took a $7,000 bribe.
Cook County Commissioner William Beavers will go on trial before the end of the year on federal tax invasion charges, alleging he failed to declare more than $200,000 in campaign funds as earnings.
An attorney for indicted State Rep. Derrick Smith said he won’t step down, despite calls for his resignation from many top Illinois Democrats.
One of the latest Chicago politicians in legal hot water hosted a fundraiser Monday night to raise money for his criminal defense. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
An Illinois House panel is asking federal prosecutors for more information about the bribery charges against State Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago).
Cook County Commissioner William Beavers was indicted Thursday on allegations he failed to pay income taxes on tens of thousands of dollars of campaign cash that he used for personal reasons, but he claimed the feds targeted him because he refused to wear a wire targeting fellow Commissioner John Daley.
A Chicago man made national headlines when he posted a picture on Facebook of his 22-month-old daughter bound with duct tape. Now, a grand jury has indicted the man on felony charges.
Attorneys for the young man accused of killing his Polish-born parents want a new judge to handle his case, as do the three friends accused of helping him commit the crime.
A west suburban woman was indicted Friday on 19 counts, including neglect, after her mentally disabled 14-year-old son died Sept. 8 in a filthy, insect-infested home filled with more than 100 cats and other animals.
Two officials in south suburban Crestwood have been indicted by federal prosecutors, on charges that they lied for more than 20 years about using well water to supplement the supply the town receives from Lake Michigan.
A former North Chicago school board member and the district’s former transportation director are under federal indictment today.
A Vernon Hills man has been indicted by a grand jury, on charges that he killed his wife during a domestic dispute.
Former New York Mets and Philadelphia Phillies outfielder Lenny Dykstra has been indicted by a Los Angeles federal grand jury in a bankruptcy fraud case.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!