The U.S. Supreme Court essentially upheld President Barack Obama’s health care plan Thursday, and Illinois political leaders and think tanks are alternately calling the ruling a guarantee for better health care, or a destructive stress on the economy.
The City of Evanston did an about-face Thursday, and decided to pay for repairs a woman needed after a police officer backed into her van.
A lawsuit set to go before the Indiana Supreme Court next month will be anxiously watched by hospital administrators around the nation.
U.S. Rep. and Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul (R-Texas) says victims of the tornados in downstate Harrisburg and elsewhere in the Midwest and South shouldn’t receive any federal aid, and should instead buy insurance.
A community the Portage Park neighborhood is coming together for a friend in need.
The June 30 hailstorm that destroyed a portion of the Garfield Park Conservatory has prompted a fundraising drive to sustain the institution until insurance kicks in.
A report Monday morning says the parent company of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois doubled its profit last year to more than $1 billion.
Illinois has given state employees a few more days to make changes to their health insurance plans.
The Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services is catching a lot of heat over its tentative decision to award next year’s health insurance contract for state workers to Blue Cross Blue Shield.
When a child runs a fever on the weekend or gets sick in the middle of the night, parents often rely on a local medical care center for treatment. One family was denied care–even though they had insurance
A state lawmaker is again carrying the flag for universal health care in Illinois.
Beginning Tuesday, people shopping around for medical plans can submit the same form to multiple insurance companies, rather than filling out one for each. The expected result? Savings.
Ten years after he was paralyzed playing football at Eisenhower High School in south suburban Blue Island, Rocky Clark is losing his insurance coverage.
It’s standard for homeowners to have insurance, but a recent survey found most people have no idea what their policies cover or how to make sure they get the policy’s maximum benefits.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!