No tears here, not with the news that the Cubs-Sox series — or Sox-Cubs series for our South Side faithful — is getting a haircut starting next year.
The buzz surrounding the White Sox-Cubs series seems to diminish every year and now the games are going to be reduced too.
CHICAGO (AP) — Dayan Viciedo homered and drove in four runs, Alex Rios delivered a tie-breaking single in the seventh inning, and the Chicago White Sox rallied to beat the Milwaukee Brewers 8-6 on Saturday night. With […]
While interleague games don’t have the novelty aspect they once did, the competition between the two leagues still has a lot of significance.
The Chicago White Sox continue their long stretch against National League opponents with the Washington Nationals. The Nationals have won 11 of their last 12 games, but will face the White Sox without manager Jim Riggleman.
Although the standings, or the results for that matter, don’t show it, the Chicago Cubs feel as if they’re making strides.
Leading up the last weekend’s Cubs-Yankees series it seemed as if demand for tickets was lacking, but Wrigley Field saw the biggest crowd for a three-game series in it’s 97-year history.
The White Sox had gone 5-2 in their seven games before heading into their recent series in Minnesota and there was some optimism beginning to take hold.
Los Angeles Dodgers manager Don Mattingly has made clear he won’t be endorsing interleague play any time soon. The Chicago White Sox, meanwhile, are likely looking forward to it.
The last time the Chicago Cubs made a trip to Fenway Park, Cubs hitters were trying to figure out ace pitcher Babe Ruth, and baseball’s oldest ballpark was still a new-age novelty.
Tonight we start what is now the annual ritual of baseball known as interleague play. At this point the feeling about these games is roughly the same as going to the annual family outing with relatives who are not particularly liked.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.402
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!