Sen. President John Cullerton, D-Chicago, plans to strip language that would legalize Internet gambling from the bill, after it had become clear that the governor and some legislators who supported previous gambling bills had concerns that could derail passage of the larger package.
A new study commissioned by the University of Chicago paints a disappointing picture of technology use among public school students in Chicago.
Following a three-month grace period, Cook County will begin phasing in a ban on cell phones and other Internet-capable electronic devices at courthouses next week, starting with the Leighton Criminal Court Building at 26th and California.
CBS 2′s Mary kay Kleist reports on the downside of having too much information available on the Internet.
Scottie Pippen’s amazing Mr. Submarine commercial. This may possibly be the best commercial ever made… ever. “Ladies, let’s have a party.”- Scottie Pippen.
And the music! It’s got a classic pop beat that makes forces you to tap your foot, whether you want to or not. Yet, at the same time, its repetitious beats also make you want to hit the streets and attack every person who comes near you — scratching at faces, kicking groins, biting people if you need to. This is the perfect feeling for a Halloween song.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel wants to make Chicago one of the digital capitals of the country.
A close-up picture — apparently a police photo — showed Charles Hagerman in death, his wounds from a pit bull attack shockingly visible. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
Is Jan Terri’s “Losing You” the best representation of Chicago in the form of a music video? Mason Johnson finds out…
It has been only five years since the iPhone debuted and life as a lot of people know it changed for good.
According to a report, Senate President John Cullerton discussed the idea of making Illinois an Internet gambling hub, suggesting the state could organize a major online poker game and gain worldwide popularity.
People may think they take steps to safeguard their private information from identity thieves, but there are ways around the precautions. CBS 2′s Vince Gerasole reports.
Illinois has big budget problems, but filling the gap with money from Internet revenue is a plan that just is not working.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle used the Internet to talk about the county budget with voters Tuesday evening.
The Internet age has opened up a new world for people who may want to rent out a variety of goods — even their driveways — to raise some extra money. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Illinois) says it’s time to end the Internet sales tax break.
A convicted felon from Chicago Heights has been arrested for allegedly holding a woman against her will, beating and choking her after meeting her on the Internet.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson says a congressional scandal over a beefcake shot on the Internet is funny until you realize the elected official in question helps lead the nation.
If you subscribe to Comcast Internet service in the Chicago area, Northwest Indiana or southwest Michigan, you must have wondered where it went last night.
Nerf guns are one of the most popular toys on the market. But on Internet sites, enthusiasts are modifying their weapons to make them shoot further and more forcefully. As CBS 2 Investigator Pam Zekman reports, they could be dangerous.
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaThe massive EF-4 tornado to hit Moore, Okla., is rare, but twisters with that kind of force have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!