A Chicago firefighter and paramedic was killed in a motorcycle crash near Springfield on Thursday.
A pedestrian and an Illinois State Police trooper were hospitalized after a “serious traffic crash” on Interstate 55 near southwest suburban Lemont.
Ryan Knudsen, 22, of Plainfield, was struck while walking on the shoulder of I-55, just north of Route 30, around 5:22 a.m., according to Illinois State Police Joliet District 5.
Two college students and a Chicago family have now filed lawsuits against Megabus over this month’s fatal crash downstate, when a double-decker vehicle blew a tire and crashed into a pillar on Interstate 55.
Interstate 55 was snagged as the morning rush began Monday, after a predawn crash left a semi-trailer truck on its side and a car demolished.
A Plainfield motorcyclist died in a crash with a sport-utility vehicle Friday afternoon on Interstate 80 near southwest suburban Shorewood.
Illinois lawmakers have fast-tracked a plan to relieve traffic congestion on Chicago area and northwest Indiana interstates.
A 20-year-old woman and her baby are expected to survive after the car they were in went off a bridge Saturday night on Route 83 and onto the southbound lanes of the Stevenson Expressway.
Two separate crashes involving multiple vehicles on Interstate 55 in Will County, leaving several people seriously injured.
For one mother, this Mother’s Day will be one she’ll likely never forget; she went into labor after she was involved in a seven-car pileup on the Stevenson Expressway.
As many as six vehicles were involved in an accident Wednesday on Interstate 55 near Joliet.
A travel ban is in effect for several collar counties, after commuters became trapped on area expressways overnight.
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!