Something odd must have occurred in the last nine days, because this contrition was nonexistent at Alford’s introductory press conference April 2.
He can change the team colors of his shirt and tie, but Steve Alford’s reptilian scales will always lie underneath.
CHICAGO (AP) — Adreian Payne had 18 points and 10 rebounds, leading No. 8 Michigan State to a rugged 59-56 victory over Iowa in the Big Ten quarterfinals on Friday night. Keith Appling and Gary Harris […]
Devyn Marble scored 19 points to help Iowa hold on for an important 73-59 victory over Northwestern in the first round of the Big Ten tournament on Thursday night.
Devyn Marble scored 21 points and Iowa beat Illinois 63-55 on Tuesday night for its fifth win in seven games.
Devyn Marble broke a lengthy slump with 21 points and Iowa beat Northwestern 71-57 on Saturday to snap a two-game losing streak.
Aaron White led a balanced attack with 17 points as Iowa snapped a 3-game Big Ten losing streak with a 70-50 victory over Northwestern on Sunday afternoon.
The Stillman family of Oak Lawn has their own dream: turn the famous baseball film location into a tournament site. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports.
Two Iowa men accused of transporting nearly 10,000 grams of methamphetamine through DuPage County were ordered held on $1 million cash bond Wednesday.
A case of online dating has turned into a massive sex assault investigation.
Leading for most of the game, Northern Illinois gave Iowa all it could handle. It just wasn’t quite enough.
President Barack Obama is still behind Republican opponent Mitt Romney when it comes to filling his war chest with campaign cash.
Before Saturday’s race, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. had won the last three races at Iowa Speedway. Even when his engine blew and he was wrecking with teammate Carl Edwards, he still came to the checkered flag first to keep his wining streak alive.
James Nelson, 31, went on a five-day, 25-mile hike in Colorado in October 2010 but hasn’t been seen since.
A jury has convicted an Iowa man of sending threatening letters and dud pipe bombs to investment advisers in the Chicago area.
An Iowa man is back in custody, after being captured in Chicago following a nationwide manhunt on charges that he tried to sexually assault at least one of his own children.
Illinois’ Meyers Leonard delivered 22 points and 14 rebounds in a 65-54 win over Iowa that ended the streak.
Senior Matt Gatens scored a career-high 33 points and Iowa beat No. 16 Wisconsin 67-66 for its second straight win over a ranked opponent.
Freshman Dave Sobolewski scored a season-high 23 points, John Shurna added 17 and Northwestern won its third straight, beating Iowa 83-64 on Thursday night.
This was the first meeting in 36 years between these border-state schools, who will now see each other at least once a season.
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7474
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!