Bond is set at $300,000 for the 17-year-old Glenview teenager accused of stabbing another teen, and whom the defense accuses of stealing an iPhone belonging to a friend off the suspect.
A Glenview teen who tried to help a friend retrieve a stolen iPhone has been charged with attempted murder for stabbing the alleged thief.
There are lots of websites and software available, but you may not have thought of smartphone apps for doing your taxes.
The Chicago Works App: Does it work? Can you fix problems with a few clicks on a phone?
We know her name – Siri – and we know her voice, but few of us know that one of her co-developers is a Chicagoan.
“Three of my fingers were literally, pretty much hanging off my hand, and that’s pretty scary,” says 31-year-old Anthony Kuber. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
Two south suburban men are behind bars after a stolen smart phone led police to them.
Anthony Kuber was just trying to surrender to robbers, but he took five gunshots instead.
The Guardian Angels are on the Red Line this morning — warning commuters to keep a close eye on their smart phones.
Chicago Police have arrested and charged an armed robbery suspect and an accomplice who held an 18-year-old man at gunpoint while taking his smart phone, cash, and wallet on Friday.
Apple’s new map application has been getting widespread bad reviews, and it misses the mark on some key spots in Chicago.
The long-awaited iPhone 5 officially goes on sale Friday, and retailers are hoping they’ll have enough in stock to meet the demand.
If you’re looking for something to do or somewhere special to stay in our fair city, it just so happens that there’s an app for that.
Education and technology are becoming increasingly integrated, and keeping up on all of the new educational applications for kids is important. One of the biggest struggles is not finding an app; it is finding the appropriate app.
An arrest has been made in connection with a mob attack last month on a CTA Red Line train downtown.
It has been only five years since the iPhone debuted and life as a lot of people know it changed for good.
Chicago Police hope surveillance pictures help lead them to one of three weekend mob attacks on people downtown.
Chicago Police charged two men with a pair of robberies that happened within minutes of each other early Thursday morning in Ukrainian Village by using a popular application to track a stolen iPhone.
It’s rare parents go anywhere without their smart phones anymore; these hand-held mini computers are used for so much more than just making phone calls and receiving texts, so it’s no wonder that so many applications have been developed specifically for families and little ones. Here’s a list of some wonderful apps for families.
A Kendall County man has been fined for making a series of wacky phone calls to 911.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.165
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!