Prosecutors and defense attorneys could tussle over the former congressman’s mental health. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine explains.
CBS 2 legal analyst Irv Miller says federal officials are still collecting all the memorabilia, clothing and other goodies Jesse Jackson Jr. purchased via campaign dollars.
Closing arguments are set to begin Wednesday morning in the trial of the man accused of killing three members of Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson’s family.
Oscar winning actress and singer Jennifer Hudson took the stand Monday in the trial of the man accused of killing three members of her family, providing an emotional start in the case against her sister’s ex-husband, William Balfour.
Fourteen people have been selected to serve on the jury in the trial of the man accused of killing three members of Jennifer Hudson’s family.
Legal experts say William Balfour’s defense team has a heavy burden because of the celebrity of Jennifer Hudson and the sympathy she may evoke among jurors. CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley reports.
The first step of jury selection began Thursday in the trial of William Balfour, the man charged with murder in the deaths of three members of Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson’s family.
CBS 2 Legal Analyst Irv Miller says Rod Blagojevich likely stands a chance at appealing his lengthy 14-year sentence.
A trial observer says the only thing deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich could say to help his cause during his sentencing hearing this week is, “I’m sorry.”
Deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich wants a judge to cancel his retrial this spring and instead just sentence him right away on the conviction from his first trial.
“Eyewitnesses are overrated as evidence of a person’s guilt.”
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!