Irving Park Road
Leonard Ratajczyk, 83, was hit while riding his bike in the 7800 block of West Irving Park Road in the Dunning neighborhood.
A 16-mile stretch of Ashland Avenue will be the city’s first target for bus rapid transit, with a plan for high-speed buses from 95th Street to Irving Park Road announced Friday at a cost of about $10 million per mile.
The two males, ages 17 and 18, were traveling in a Dodge Neon in 2400 block of West Irving Park Road when a dark-colored SUV pulled alongside and at least one gunman inside opened fire.
Two people were hospitalized Friday morning in an accident involving a postal truck and a van in Schiller Park.
Firefighters remained on the scene early Tuesday, after flames roared through three homes in the North Center neighborhood, near the busy junction of Lincoln and Damen avenues and Irving Park Road.
For the third time in just the past few weeks, police are trying to find some brazen thieves who get into stores by smashing their way in.
The deaths Friday of two men — one in the South Side Kenwood neighborhood and another in northwest suburban Streamwood — were due in part from exposure to the cold.
Four people were displaced Tuesday morning in a fire that broke out on Irving Park Road in the St. Ben’s neighborhood.
Injuries were reported early Monday in a two-car rear-end crash in far west suburban Medinah.
A Northwest Indiana man was high on drugs when he hit and injured an 83-year-old pedestrian while driving through the Albany Park neighborhood earlier this week.
A driver Monday morning slammed into several parked cars and a person waiting at a bus stop, and finally smashed into a flower shop at the edge of the Albany Park neighborhood.
We’ve heard of thieves targeting manhole covers, cooper pipes and wiring, even aluminum benches to sell to scrap yards for quick cash. But now there’s a new hot item catching their eyes: decorative kick plates on the bottom of doors.
They have badges and uniforms, but no authority to direct traffic. Still, that’s not stopping private security guards from doing just that on a busy public street.
Four people were seriously hurt during a traffic wreck Sunday morning in the Dunning neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
Get ready for delays if you’re taking Lake Shore Drive overnight this week.
The son of a 67-year-old bar owner has been charged with her murder, and is also a suspect in the murder of his father.
Police are looking for a 67-year-old bar owner’s son, whom they believed stabbed her and killed her on the city’s Northwest Side overnight.
A small Northwest Side Catholic school is claiming a big prize today – $100,000 – for winning a national recycling competition.
A car slid into a shallow retention pond in west suburban Roselle Monday morning.
Authorities are investigating after a fire started overnight at a mobile office unit and spread to a building nearby at a concrete business in northwest suburban Schaumburg.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!