Top administrators at Notre Dame decided within hours of hearing about the Manti Te’o dead girlfriend hoax that it did not involve a crime and within two days had concluded there was no NCAA violation, according to a letter sent by the university president to board of trustee members on Friday.
The same people who were kicking themselves just hours ago and apologizing publicly to readers, viewers and listeners for being suckered by an impossible fairy tale have apparently failed to learn any substantive lesson from their embarrassment.
Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick says star linebacker Manti Te’o and his family were planning to go public about him being the victim of a hoax before an online report scooped them.
Notre Dame tells me it’s about goodness and intelligence. But time and time again when I turn to them for both, it’s like neither ever existed there in the first place.
My guess is at the bottom of this is a college student who was embarrassed after he found out his online relationship wasn’t real.
The head coach at Notre Dame doesn’t just stay silent after an interview with an NFL team because he’s on vacation — especially when a highly touted linebacker decommitted from the Irish Thursday and switched to Florida.
The future of Notre Dame’s athletic programs – despite the football team’s current success – has never been less stable, or clear.
Notre Dame radio analyst Allen Pinkett is on his way back from Ireland less than 48 hours before the Irish are set to play Navy in Dublin, according a source with knowledge of the situation.
Notre Dame says it has had talks with the Atlantic Coast Conference about the Orange Bowl.
The 11 BCS Commissioners and Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick released a statement Wednesday updating their discussions about potential changes to college football’s postseason.
If you signed a five year contract with a company, would you expect to be given a two-year extension after your first two years produced average results?
Notre Dame announced Wednesday itwould join the Hockey East beginning in the 2013-14 season. The move came with the end of the CCHA, the program’s current conference.
If Brian Kelly wants to kill another Notre Dame student, he’s gonna have to be more creative.
The team is mediocre, the coach is already under fire just 11 games into his tenure, and the school’s administration is taking more hits than its quarterback these days.
There are two reasons why the University of Notre Dame would refuse to answer questions about the latest news of a student death related to its football program.
A college football coach is responsible for a dead kid, and we don’t really seem to care.
After the events that have taken place on Notre Dame’s campus this week, Saturday will have a different feel than most home games.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!