Four people were injured — three critically — in an accident on the Kennedy Expressway early Saturday.
At least eight people have been wounded in shootings on the city’s South and West sides between Friday evening and Saturday afternoon.
The Occupy movement is now a year old and about 125 people celebrated in the rain at LaSalle Street and Jackson Boulevard Monday night.
A 20-year-old man stands charged a string of sexual assaults on the city’s West Side.
Shootings in Chicago Wednesday night and early Thursday morning left two people dead and seven more injured – including four who were wounded in one incident in the Englewood neighborhood.
For the second time in four months, a transgender woman has been killed on the West Side.
A death investigation is underway, after a body was found in an abandoned South Austin neighborhood building Tuesday night.
Two people have been charged with assault, for allegedly threatening and punching an 11-year-old girl who would not give them her souvenir beach ball Sunday night downtown near the Lollapalooza music festival.
It could be commuter chaos downtown Wednesday morning, following a water main break near Union Station.
One man was killed and two others critically injured in a shooting Monday afternoon in the West Side West Garfield Park neighborhood.
The final leg of the Wacker Drive reconstruction project begins this week, and the intersection with Jackson Boulevard alongside the Willis Tower has closed.
Felony Franks – the hot dog stand with the Misdemeanor Wieners and a staff of ex-felons – shut down Monday afternoon.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said Sunday that a group of out-of-town protesters attacked a police van while hundreds of protesters were wandering around downtown Chicago for about 10 hours.
An 11-year-old boy was wounded early Thursday when gunshots shattered the window of his home on the city’s Near West Side.
Community groups are rallying for answers after a transgender woman was found shot and killed on the city’s West Side earlier this week.
Police say a male-to-female transgender person was found shot and killed on the city’s West Side Monday morning.
Waving purple sheets of paper in the air and chanting “Yes, we can!” about 2,000 janitors rallied at Teamster City at Ashland Avenue and Jackson Boulevard on Saturday.
Two downtown office buildings that aren’t getting much use may soon have a new life, and young people will be the beneficiaries.
You’ve seen the lines around the block and you’ve smelled the caramel, and now, WBBM Newsradio’s John Cody has the story of the new Garrett Popcorn shop.
You would think the donation of a million dollar home is a good thing, right? But a donation to the University of Illinois at Chicago is raising questions about why the school has spent more than $600,000 to fix up the house.
- Man Shot In Parking Lot Of Merrillville Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!