After a three-year hiatus, the parade returned last year with a zero tolerance policy for drunks. As CBS 2′s Mai Martinez reports, organizers say expect the same crackdown this year.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson takes a poll of commuters about the former governor of Illinois.
Two convicted bank robbers remained at large on Wednesday, the day after a brazen escape from the federal jail in the Loop.
Aquarius! Crawl out the metaphorical slit your jailers call a window, down that imaginary rope made of your hopes, dreams and bed sheets, and live your life!
Two inmates escaped Tuesday morning from the federal jail in the Loop, using bedsheets tied together to rappel 15 floors to the ground.
Ald. James Cappelman (46th) has introduced an ordinance that would significantly increase the penalties for feeding pigeons – making it a crime punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
A judge in Las Vegas says she’ll decide by Thursday whether to ease jail conditions for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Some parents from west suburban Berkeley are angry, after their kindergarteners were taken on a field trip to a local jail.
Expect heated debate on immigration issues at a Cook County Board hearing Thursday morning.
A judge in DuPage County has giving a well-known suburban squatter a choice; get a job or face jail time.
A new report says high school dropouts in Illinois have a low earning power over their lifetimes, and are more likely to spend time behind bars.
Two northwest suburban Lake in the Hills women who lured a young girl from Kansas into prostitution were each sentenced to seven years in prison Tuesday.
A Naperville man has begun serving a one-year prison sentence for using candy to lure two pre-teenage girls into his condominium unit and licking one of them on the lips.
A Des Plaines attorney got a different view of the justice system as he spent the night in the Cook County Jail last week.
Former Cook County Commissioner Tony Peraica was tossed in jail for a brief time on Tuesday, after showing up late for a hearing in a misdemeanor case against him.
The Illinois Supreme Court has denied former Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson’s request to be released from jail while he awaits trial on charges that he killed his third wife, Kathleen Savio.
Former Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson is taking his case to the Illinois Supreme Court Tuesday, in an effort to get out of jail.
Former New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress was locked up for 20 months for illegally carrying and firing a gun at a Manhattan nightclub.
Transgender inmates at Cook County Jail can now be housed, dressed and searched according to their gender identity rather than their sex at birth, under a new policy.
The Chicago Bears will have a number of options to improve their offense, defense and special teams. Receivers are always risky picks in the NFL Draft, so the best upgrade at that position might come via free agency.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.1141
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.524
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!