Yadier Alonso’s two-out fly ball to right field dropped in front of Julio Borbon for an RBI single that led to a four-run eighth inning and boosted the San Diego Padres over the Chicago Cubs 4-2 Thursday for a four-game series split.
PITTSBURGH (AP) – Alfonso Soriano hit a two-run homer in the eighth inning to give the Cubs the go-ahead runs and Chicago completed a three-game sweep of the Pittsburgh Pirates with a 4-2 win on […]
Ryan Ludwick hit a two-run double in the eighth and the Cincinnati Reds rallied to a 4-2 win over the Chicago Cubs Saturday afternoon.
Anthony Rizzo hit a two-run homer in the 10th inning Sunday that lifted the Chicago Cubs over the St. Louis Cardinals 4-2.
Pinch hitter Reed Johnson drove in the go-ahead with a bunt single in the seventh inning and the Chicago Cubs got past St. Louis 3-2 Saturday, ending the Cardinals’ four-game winning streak.
Travis Wood pitched six strong innings for his first win as a starter in more than a year, and the Chicago Cubs beat the White Sox 2-1 on Tuesday night even though Jake Peavy went the distance.
Ryan Dempster further raised his trade value with eight shutout innings, pitching the Chicago Cubs past the Minnesota Twins 8-2 Sunday.
Yadier Molina hit an RBI single off second baseman Darwin Barney’s glove with two outs in the ninth inning and the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Chicago Cubs 7-6 Tuesday, avoiding a sweep and an 0-5 homestand.
What had been speculated since Carlos Marmol gave up three runs, blowing the Cubs lead in the Thursday’s game, became official Friday when manager Dale Sveum announced Marmol is out as the Cubs closer.
Cubs manager Dave Sveum said he will think about making a closer change and added that James Russell and Rafael Dolis are his only other options.
The Cubs ended the St. Louis Cardinals’ run of 13 consecutive wins Tuesday night, in a dramatic walkoff to secure their first series victory of the season.
Cubs manager Dale Sveum will sit down with Theo Epstein and Jed Hoyer Wednesday night and make the final roster decisions before the team breaks camp next week.
Tim Wakefield held Chicago to four hits in 6 2-3 innings to lead the Boston Red Sox to a 5-1 victory on Sunday and send the Cubs home after their first visit to Fenway Park since the 1918 World Series.
Andre Ethier extended his hitting streak to 28 games with an infield single that capped a three-run fifth inning, and the Los Angeles Dodgers beat the Chicago Cubs 5-2 on Monday night.
After splitting their series with the Arizona Diamondbacks, the Chicago Cubs continue their road trip in Los Angeles, where they’ll take on the Dodgers.
It’s a beautiful day for a ballgame somewhere, just not here in Chicago. This weather is ideal for tailgating at Soldier Field, not watching a ball game from the bleachers at Wrigley Field.
After nine and a half scoreless innings of baseball, the Chicago Cubs broke the drought with a walk off double by pinch hitter Tyler Colvin, and took the opening game of their series with the San Diego Padres.
James Russell’s first career start didn’t go the way he, or the Chicago Cubs would have wanted.
Houston Astros pitcher Brett Myers has had two impressive starts so far this season, but is still without a win, largely due to a lack of run support from his offense.
The Chicago Cubs recalled right-hander Jeff Stevens from Triple-A Iowa after placing starting pitchers Randy Wells and Andrew Cashner on the 15-day disabled list because of arm injuries.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!