A 28-year-old South Side man will spend the next 20 years behind bars – for shooting an 18-month old girl.
Five former Cook County Jail inmates are suing the Sheriff’s office.Five former Cook County Jail inmates are suing the Sheriff’s office.
Chicago Police are going after drug gangs, in an effort to cut the level of gun violence in the city.
A Chicago man will stand trial in Denver on charges he behaved badly on an aircraft.
A busy and fun weekend for Chicago with, it would seem, something for everyone. It would seem there is something for everyone.
Police officers got a surprise when the person they found holding a gun during a recent stop on the West Side was a 3-year-old girl.
Chicago just got a little smaller, now that a Cook County judge ruled in favor of a waste disposal company that’s taking 86 acres on the Southeast side to expand its landfill operation.
If you have a pug, a U. of I. researcher would like to give him or her a free eye test.
The Illinois Department of Insurance issued a warning about a health insurance company. Now, the company is trying to resolve the matter.
A former custodian at a southwest suburban high school was sentenced to 15 years in federal prison for possession and transporting child porn.
Organizers of an anti-Wall Street protest in Chicago are gathering signatures on petitions they will send to Mayor Rahm Emanuel.
Bail has been set at $7 million for a Steger man who wanted his daughter dead.
A 22-year-old Waukegan man has been charged in connection with the hit-and-run death of an elderly woman Thursday night.
From now on, Illinois governors face new limits on how long people can run state agencies without legislative approval.
Police are warning Southwest Side residents of the attempted sexual exploitation of child that happened this month near a Clearing neighborhood park.
On Friday, regulators shut down a bank in Illinois and one in Washington-state, bringing the number closed this year to 63.
A West Suburban father and daughter are charged with growing pot in their home.
A group of black ministers is demanding Mayor Richard M. Daley and Police Superintendent Jody Weis keep their promise to put more cops in high crime areas.
A 63-year-old man on his way to the Chicago Theater died Saturday night after he apparently fell off an employee “man lift’’ at a downtown parking garage and plummeted three stories to his death, police said.
Suburban residents sometimes travel to the inner city to buy drugs, but Naperville police said a young Chicago brother and sister traveled to the suburbs to sell heroin to customers.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.161
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!