Marco Belinelli made a 3-pointer with 5.9 seconds left to lift the Chicago Bulls to an 89-88 victory over the Utah Jazz on Friday night.
Summer time means it is time for the largest free blues festival in the world to once again take place in Chicago at Grant Park. Check out this year’s highlights and must-see performers.
Russell Westbrook had 27 points and nine assists, Kevin Durant added 25 points and the Oklahoma City Thunder blasted the weary Los Angeles Lakers 119-90 on Monday night in the opening game of the Western Conference semifinals.
Pau Gasol had 23 points, 17 rebounds and six assists, Metta World Peace scored 15 points in his return from a seven-game suspension, and the Los Angeles Lakers outlasted the Denver Nuggets for a thrilling 96-87 victory in Game 7 on Saturday night to win their first-round series.
Ty Lawson scored 32 points, fellow spark plug Corey Brewer added 18 and the Denver Nuggets forced a Game 7 in their first-round playoff series with a dominating 113-96 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday night.
Kobe Bryant scored 38 points, Andrew Bynum followed up his playoff-opening triple-double with 27 points and nine rebounds, and the Los Angeles Lakers weathered Denver’s late rally for a 104-100 victory over the Nuggets on Tuesday night, taking a 2-0 series lead.
Los Angeles Lakers forward Jordan Hill has been charged with felony assault resulting from an altercation with his girlfriend, according to the Houston district attorney’s office.
Metta World Peace got busy tweeting to his 324,000+ followers on Friday night: (Most recent on top) “I’m out socially right now..Lots of girls.. Just conversation.. But they scared to sit next to me.The afraid of my elbows.Not a good feeling”
The NBA lockout-shortened regular season has come to a close and the playoff teams have been decided. Let’s take a look at the Eastern Conference matchups to give you insight into who we think will come out on top.
There aren’t enough hours in the day to check out every noteworthy event in Chicago. Check out our quick guide to five can’t-miss picks for April.
The Underground Wonder Bar entertained customers for twenty-one-years before being destroyed for urban renewal last year. It’s back in a new River North location though and, despite a move, it’s holding up the same torch it’s always championed: a great, late night piano bar with good music and good people. Why not celebrate their grand re-opening this Sunday, December 18th?
When you feel like casually catching some live music on the fly, but didn’t snag tickets to a show in advance, finding last-minute music plans can be tricky. Luckily, many of Chicago’s friendliest bars and coziest pubs book a diverse range of local and national acts to play during the week – often with no cover charge.
They may have missed out on the Carmelo Anthony sweepstakes, but the New Jersey Nets could still be coming away with a pretty good player. According to a report, the Nets have traded for point guard Deron Williams.
Jerry Sloan played for the Chicago Bulls from 1966–76, and was known for his tenacious defense. Three years after retiring as a player he started a coaching career that took him from the Bulls to the Utah Jazz.
To say that watching the Chicago Bulls play this season has been a treat would be an understatement. Seeing this team take the court has been a blast.
Carlos Boozer, Ronnie Brewer and Kyle Korver were all big parts of the Utah Jazz last season and they’re now playing big roles for the Chicago Bulls.
In his 9th season in the NBA Carlos Boozer is playing for his third team. On Wednesday night he’ll travel with the Chicago Bulls to play the Utah Jazz, the team the signed him as a free agent in 2004 and the team he left in 2010.
After sitting out the entire fourth quarter last night and watching his teammates lose in New Jersey, Carlos Boozer told reporters “It was a coaching decision.”
The biggest question Bulls fans had about Carlos Boozer, after Chicago acquired the talented power forward via a sign-and-trade deal with the Utah Jazz back in July, was not his ability to perform on the basketball court.
DEERFIELD, Ill. (AP) — The Chicago Bulls are ready to get going this season with a host of new faces – and they’d like Joakim Noah to be there, too. The Bulls have been mentioned […]
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!