A day after Jean-Claude Brizard stepped down as head of the Chicago Public Schools, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis said she thinks Mayor Rahm Emanuel set up Brizard for failure.
After seeing four different Chicago Public School CEOs in the past four years, Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s new pick to run the school district, Barbara Byrd-Bennett, pledged Friday “I’m here for the long haul.”
Full statement from Jean-Claude Brizard, who stepped down as chief of Chicago’s Public Schools.
More than three weeks after the Chicago teachers’ strike ended, Chicago Public Schools CEO Jean-Claude Brizard is out by “mutual agreement,” after less than 18 months heading the city’s school system.
For the first time since the teachers’ strike began, Chicago Public Schools CEO Jean-Claude Brizard spoke out this afternoon, first denying a widespread rumor that he had resigned.
Striking teachers showed up by the thousands on Wednesday, for a trio of rallies at three Chicago Public Schools buildings.
The Chicago schools CEO said talks have been tense, but both sides are making progress.
A new year began Tuesday for Chicago Public Schools students, but it could be interrupted after just four days if a possible teachers’ strike goes ahead.
Typically, a member school must suspend interscholastic activities if it does not have at least 51 percent of its students in attendance, according to IHSA policy.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says a teachers strike can be avoided, and he’s denying a published report that a strike would shorten the tenure of his schools CEO.
Chicago’s school chief today denied reports that his job is on the line if talks with the teachers union break down.
What happens if your kids show up at school, and the teachers don’t? As the Chicago Teachers Union moved a step closer to a strike, the Chicago Board of Education was discussing what do do if teachers actually walk off the job.
A teacher strike is still a possibility next month, but on Monday morning, classes began as scheduled at about a third of the schools in the Chicago Public Schools system.
Thousands of Chicago kids head back to school on Monday, and there is a troubling message for parents.
The head of Chicago Public Schools says he’d like to see the school board stay the way it is.
As he prepared to welcome students back to classes on Wednesday, Chicago Public Schools chief executive officer Jean-Claude Brizard said many parents had told him they were pleased with the longer school day.
If you’re the parent of a Chicago Public Schools student, you might just get a personal call from executive officer Jean-Claude Brizard.
The Chicago Public Schools and their teachers are back to square one in their efforts to agree to a contract and avert a strike, but schools chief executive officer Jean-Claude Brizard remains optimistic.
The Chicago Board of Education and the Chicago Teachers Union have both unanimously rejected an independent arbitrator’s suggestions on how to end the contract stalemate with public school teachers.
It’s been a bit more than a year on the job for Chicago Public Schools CEO Jean-Claude Brizard. Some critics have said it’s been a bumpy, road with many obstacles ahead for Brizard – including a potential teachers’ strike.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!