Ground has been broken for the new Jeanine Nicarico Advocacy Center in Wheaton.
Next month, DuPage County plans to begin building a new $5 million facility where police will investigate crimes against children.
Suburban prosecutors say they are satisfied that it is now a lot more difficult for someone to be wrongfully convicted of a crime than it was years ago.
Gov. Pat Quinn has signed a bill abolishing the death penalty in Illinois, and many people are angry that inmates on death row will now live.
The father of 10-year-old Jeanine Nicarico, who was raped and murdered in 1983, said he was “disgusted” but not surprised that Gov. Pat Quinn has signed legislation ending the death penalty and commuted the sentence of his daughter’s killer to life in prison.
The father of the murdered 10-year-old Jeanine Nicarico of Naperville says he believes a repeal of the death penalty in Illinois would be wrong.
Joe Birkett has stepped down as DuPage County state’s attorney. Friday was his last day on the job. Next week he will be sworn in as an Illinois appellate justice.
The memory of the 10-year-old Naperville girl will be honored when the DuPage County state’s attorney’s office opens a new, larger facility for bringing to justice those who commit crimes against kids.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.573
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!