Conor Gillaspie and Alejandro De Aza homered in the seventh inning and the Chicago White Sox ended a three-game losing streak with a 5-2 win over the Texas Rangers on Wednesday night.
Texas scored six times in the sixth to break it open. Mitch Moreland, who had three hits, delivered a go-ahead double and Adrian Beltre capped the burst with a two-run homer. The bases were loaded when Beltre got to the plate before two wild pitches by Nate Jones allowed two runs
Derek Holland pitched seven shutout innings, Adrian Beltre hit a two-run home run, and Craig Gentry made a diving catch in the ninth to end the game and preserve the Texas Rangers’ 4-2 win over the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night at a cold Wrigley Field.
The Detroit Tigers have acquired Jeff Baker from the Chicago Cubs for two minor leaguers to be named later.
Carlos Lee hit a grand slam and the Florida Marlins beat the Cubs 9-5 on Tuesday night, giving Ozzie Guillen a win in his first game back managing in Chicago.
Ryan Dempster is too busy watching “Swamp People” to see the stories about him being possible trade bait. He’s pitching too well, though, to know that he might be in another uniform by the end of the month.
Bryan LaHair, Jeff Baker and Anthony Rizzo hit home runs and the Chicago Cubs continued their success against Atlanta by beating the Braves 5-1 on Wednesday night.
It seems more appropriate, and fun, to combine both rosters into one embarrassing, pathetic, and disturbing group.
Ryan Dempster earned his first win since last August, throwing seven innings of three-hit ball as the Chicago Cubs beat the Milwaukee Brewers 10-0 on Tuesday night.
Matt Garza executed his plan to near perfection. Garza pitched one-hit ball for seven shutout innings and struck out 10 Sunday as the Chicago Cubs beat the Philadelphia Phillies 5-1.
This could have been a pretty special Opening Day for Ryan Dempster.
It looks like Bryan LaHair won’t get to make his first opening day start after all.
Darwin Barney hit an RBI triple off Jered Weaver that broke a scoreless tie in the sixth inning and the Chicago Cubs beat the Los Angeles Angels 8-1 Sunday.
Randy Wolf retired six of the first seven batters he faced Wednesday and extended his scoreless streak into an eighth inning this spring before a two-run fourth as Milwaukee beat the Chicago Cubs 10-2 Wednesday.
Josh Reddick collected two more hits and Brandon Allen drove in another run to help an Oakland Athletics split-squad beat the Chicago Cubs 8-7 on Monday.
The Cubs have agreed to one-year deals with six players to avoid salary arbitration: Jeff Baker, Blake Dewitt, Ian Stewart, Geovany Soto, Chris Volstad and Randy Wells.
Starlin Castro desperately wanted to get his 200th hit of the season in front of a supportive crowd at Wrigley Field. Now he’ll move on to St. Louis and try to reach the milestone.
Craig Kimbrel tied a major league rookie record with his 40th save, Jason Heyward hit his first career grand slam, and the Atlanta Braves hung on to win their sixth straight, beating the Chicago Cubs 5-4 on Tuesday night.
If second base were located somewhere on the fringe of the outfield grass behind the shortstop, Jeff Baker’s throw would have been on target. The Chicago Cubs wish they could invoke lots of similar “ifs” this season.
Gordon Beckham will sit for the third straight game tonight as the White Sox take on Matt Garza and the Cubs.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!