Jose Quintana took a no-hitter into the seventh before David Ortiz broke it up with a one-out broken-bat single, and the Chicago White Sox beat the Boston Red Sox 3-1 on Tuesday night.
Jeff Keppinger walked with the bases loaded to drive in the go-ahead run — his first base on balls in 141 plate appearances this season — and the Chicago White Sox rallied with three runs in the eighth to beat the Los Angeles Angels 5-4 on Thursday night for their season-high third straight road win.
I’ve decided I’m with Hawk Harrelson.
Gavin Floyd felt great about the way he pitched on Sunday. He wasn’t so pleased with the final result for the Chicago White Sox.
Bryce Harper homered, Ian Desmond had three extra-base hits, Danny Espinosa provided his first two RBIs of the season, and the Washington Nationals beat the Chicago White Sox 5-2 Wednesday night.
The Chicago White Sox announced six roster moves and set their Opening Day Roster after their game against the Milwaukee Brewers.
A year ago, Brent Morel was sitting in the Camelback Ranch clubhouse knowing he would be the White Sox’s Opening Day third baseman. Monday, he was sitting in the clubhouse just hoping he’ll make the team.
While manager Robin Ventura refuses to officially name him the Opening Day starter, Chris Sale continues to prove he’s the White Sox’s ace.
When the San Francisco Giants sent Conor Gillaspie to the White Sox at the start of spring training, it was a move made for the benefit of all three parties involved.
There was an influx of both Chicago teams needing third basemen, and players available coming into Baseball’s Winter Meetings, and on Wednesday the logjam opened up.
Keppinger will help fill the void at third base with Kevin Youkilis likely leaving, but the eight-year veteran has never played more than 137 games in a season.
Madison Bumgarner matched his career high with 11 strikeouts, Jeff Keppinger and Pablo Sandoval hit consecutive homers in the fourth inning, and the San Francisco Giants beat the Chicago Cubs 4-0 on Wednesday to snap a three-game skid and avoid a sweep.
Alfonso Soriano drove in two runs and hit one of the longest homers at AT&T Park, leading the Chicago Cubs to a 5-2 win over the San Francisco Giants on Tuesday night.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!