Richard Strum went behind the wheel of his Ford Mustang while he had marijuana in his system and crashed into Claudia Delia’s Honda Civic while it was parked at Austin and Sunnyside avenues in the Jefferson Park neighborhood, Cook County prosecutors said.
Two people were hospitalized Friday morning, after a road rage shooting in the Portage Park neighborhood led to a two-vehicle crash a couple miles away in the Jefferson Park neighborhood.
A person was found dead when a fire broke out at a home on the far Northwest Side, fire officials said.
About 70 Girl Scouts from the Portage Park and Jefferson Park neighborhoods turned a photo session with Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Thursday into an opportunity to make their case for more neighborhood recycling.
“They seem pretty happy right now,” said veterinarian Dr. Andy Orals. “We’re all getting kind of attached to them.”
A man in a straw cowboy hat robbed a Jefferson Park neighborhood bank Tuesday on the Northwest Side.
Late night Red and Blue Line riders should allow extra travel time this week as construction is expected to cause minor delays.
A man was beaten and suffocated after two men bound him and two women in his Northwest Side apartment, then ransacked the home early Sunday.
An SUV crashed into a post office on the Northwest Side late Tuesday afternoon.
Police Thursday morning were looking for a man who tried to lure an 11-year-old girl into his car on the city’s Far Northwest Side.
A Jefferson Park neighborhood man stands charged with murder in the death of his 3-month-old daughter, who died this week as a result of injuries from child abuse.
Police are questioning the parents of a 3-month old Jefferson Park girl who died on Tuesday as a result of several injuries from child abuse.
A woman and her two small children escaped a home in unincorporated Northbrook after her attacker fell asleep, ending a week-long captivity during which the woman was repeatedly beaten.
More details are emerging about an ordeal suffered by a 20-year-old woman, who was held captive inside a Jefferson Park neighborhood apartment for two months.
A woman was held for more than two months against her will and regularly abused by a former boyfriend who has been charged with attempted murder, kidnapping and domestic battery in the case, police said.
A woman who was marking her 82nd birthday suffered fatal injuries when she and a second woman were struck Saturday in a hit-and-run accident on the city’s Northwest side.
A 35-year-old man has been cited with DUI in a crash that killed two people and injured four – including the offending driver – in the Jefferson Park neighborhood.
A fun trip to the Wisconsin Dells turned into tragedy for a family and friends on Tuesday, leaving a mother and son dead and several others injured.
Police are warning Northwest Side business owners of a string of burglaries.
Two people are hospitalized in critical condition, after a fire overnight in the Jefferson Park neighborhood.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!