With more than 50 wins for the New York Knicks and more than 27 points per game for himself, the numbers back Melo up. The Knicks won a division title, and Anthony will add the scoring title after the regular season ends Wednesday.
Omer Asik enjoyed his trip back to Chicago. And he got help from James Harden and Jeremy Lin.
No Tebow, no Paterno, no “Linsanity.”
James Harden scored 28 points, Patrick Patterson added 20 and the Houston Rockets snapped a three-game losing streak with a 93-89 victory over the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday night.
Get a load of what this idiot said in July, when the Bulls were deciding whether or not to match the Houston Rockets’ offer to backup center Omer Asik.
This hellacious, Saharan furnace attacking Chicago has roasted any attempt to crystallize a compelling thought about sports, turning them into some kind of burned, twisted, pointless gristle.
Knicks coach Mike Woodson has confirmed that point guard Jeremy Lin will not play in the first round of the NBA playoffs. If the Knicks manage to advance, however, it is undetermined whether the 23-year-old will be able to suit up and take the floor.
J.R. Smith scored 22 points for the Knicks, who pulled away in the second half to clinch the Eastern Conference’s No. 7 seed and a first-round playoff matchup against No. 2 Miami beginning Saturday.
The biggest question for Knicks fans: do you want your team to face the Chicago Bulls or Miami Heat?
No need to be too concerned about the outcome, really, since one made free-throw at the end of regulation flips the script.
Carmelo Anthony called it a statement game, and the message should be clear for the Chicago Bulls. If they do meet in the playoffs, the Bulls better finish off Anthony and the Knicks when they have the chance.
Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin had lunch Tuesday with the former ESPN writer who used a racially-insensitive headline directed at Lin.
In this shortened season, the Bulls aren’t taking any chances with Rose. He’s now missed more games this season than his first three seasons combined.
The Bulls take on the New York Knicks Monday night, and that, of course, means a new NBA favorite is coming to the United Center. CBS 2’s Susanna Song spoke to one of Lin’s childhood friends who lives in the Chicago area.
Less than two weeks after ESPN posted a racial headline referring to Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin, the network is at it again.
Linsanity ran into reality: All-Star Deron Williams wasn’t getting embarrassed by the Harvard guy again.
Jeremy Lin has accepted ESPN’s apology for a controversial headline that appeared on the network’s web site early Saturday morning, adding that he didn’t think the racial connotation of it was intentional.
ESPN is apologizing for using a tasteless term to describe New York Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin. The racial slur appeared in an online headline, and was used in a SportsCenter segment late Friday.
A listener called into The Les Grobstein Show to ask which player Les would rather have at the same age: Michael Jordan or Jeremy Lin.
Welcome to the Ten Foot Mailbag, what I hope to be a weekly feature here. That is, unless it goes horribly, horribly wrong, which is pretty much probable.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.389
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!