The Cowboys, led by owner and GM Jerry Jones, haven’t won a Super Bowl since 1995.
Maybe this is why many people dislike Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.
Representatives for the NFL and the NFL Players’ Association are meeting at a law firm in Manhattan in an effort to bring the longstanding lockout to an end.
Several NFL owners and Commissioner Roger Goodell reportedly met secretly in a western Chicago suburb Tuesday and Wednesday.
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, as well as a half-dozen team representatives, joined commissioner Roger Goodell at the NFL labor negotiations just one day before the expiration of the collective bargaining agreement.
One day before the potential lockout of the NFL players, some pretty big names, including 10 owners and a Super Bowl Champion quarterback, took to the negotiating table for the first time.
Do you remember the drama revolving the Super Bowl tickets at the start of February? They over-sold the tickets, hundreds of people were left without seats and the team compensated hundreds for the fiasco. It almost took a month, but the Cowboys owner is taking part of the blame.
A lot of things went wrong with the Dallas Super Bowl. The unseasonably cold weather and snow led to transportation and safety concerns around Cowboys Stadium.
Mike Schlaak and his also had tickets to Super Bowl XLV in Dallas. “And it was the most ridiculous experience of my life,” Schlaak said.
When Cowboys owner Jerry Jones built Cowboys Stadium he did it with the intent of setting the record for largest attendance at a Super Bowl.
Chicago isn’t the only city dealing with unusually harsh winter weather. When New York was announced as the host city for the 2014 Super Bowl people were concerned about the cold. That same concern has risen about Dallas.
With the Super Bowl coming up in another week and a lockout looming for the NFL, celebrations might not as exciting as some would like. Owners want to make more money and cut the players earnings.
Every next story about TV ratings for the NFL is full of so many new records and superlatives that it’s hard to keep track of which network is doing boffo numbers with which games.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.189
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!