The easy thing is to look at the Chicago White Sox and write them off as a lost cause.
On Tuesday at U.S. Cellular Field, Major League Baseball announced that the White Sox will host the 2013 Civil Rights Games.
White Sox Owner Jerry Reinsdorf is opposing a plan by MLB owners to eliminate pensions for all non-uniformed personnel, according to a report by ESPN.
The NBA announced its list of finalists for election into the Basketball Hall of Fame, but Bulls chairman Jerry Reindsdorf and former general manager Jerry Krause failed to move to the final stage.
As it does every year, Forbes set a value for each NBA franchise, and the Bulls ranked as the third highest-valued franchise at $800 million.
In the wake of A.J. Pierzynski’s one-year deal with the Rangers, officially announced on Wednesday, White Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf released the following statement.
In today’s baseball age, a debate centers around the use of objective vs. subjective scouting methods.
Among a room full of silent auction sport pieces, and supporters in favor of raising funds for the Israeli Baseball Team, were two of the most powerful men in Chicago baseball: Cubs President Theo Epstein and White Sox Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf.
We know what kind of player Jerry Reinsdorf wants. We know this because we’ve seen the same kind of acquisition time and time again.
Go back to spring training, when it appeared that the White Sox did not have what it would take to contend for a playoff spot or the American League Central title.
When the Bulls come “home,” they should open their practices up to the fans. At least to some of their fans. And at least some of the time.
After 20 years, the Bulls will be saying goodbye to the Berto Center in Deerfield, in favor of a new practice facility in Chicago, likely right next to the United Center.
The broadcaster admitted he had been reprimanded for the outburst at umpire Mark Wegner, but he also said neither Selig or Reinsdorf asked him to publicly apologize.
Not surprisingly, Ken “The Hawk” Harrelson’s rant against umpire Mark Wegner made its way to the commissioner’s office.
The Crosstown Classic went off without a hitch this past weekend – even with the NATO Summit – and now, the White Sox want to say thank you to Chicago Police officers.
Owner and chairman of the Chicago Bulls and White Sox Jerry Reinsdorf will deliver the main convocation address at Northwestern University School of Law, his alma mater, at 1:30 p.m. Friday, May 11.
After nine years as the White Sox hitting coach, Greg Walker had reached his limit on the South Side.
Michael Reinsdorf knows he got the job because of his last name, but a year and a half later after becoming the Bulls President and Chief Operator Officer, he is set on making a name for himself.
Two Chicago sports figures cracked the top 10 — Chairman of the Blackhawks, Rocky Wirtz at No. 5, and Bulls point guard Derrick Rose at No. 7.
Peavy is clearly frustrated with how his career with the White Sox has gone, admitting that he came to the White Sox injured and has pretty much had something hurting ever since.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!