Jerry Sandusky Trial
Matt Sandusky, through his attorney Andrew Shubin, said that he met with prosecutors this week to say for the first time that he is a victim of Jerry Sandusky, his adopted father.
For the first time since more than 40 counts of child sex-abuse were brought against former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, an alleged victim has spoken publicly.
Jurors in Jerry Sandusky’s child sexual abuse case began deliberations Thursday after prosecutors described him as a child molester who groomed his victims, while a defense attorney said the former Penn State assistant football coach was being victimized by an overzealous prosecution and greedy accusers.
The report says the prosecution warned the defense that they would call Matt Sandusky to the stand as a rebuttal witness if the defense called Jerry Sandusky to testify.
Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky had three of the 51 child sex-abuse charges against him dismissed Thursday before attorneys began closing arguments in the high-profile case that led to the firing of longtime head coach Joe Paterno.
I’ve sat through dozens of trials of child sexual abusers, child murderers and child batterers. There are no two alike.
The defense in Jerry Sandusky’s child sex abuse trial sought to undercut testimony from a former graduate assistant who told jurors he saw the former Penn State assistant coach sexually abusing a boy inside a football facility shower.
The defense in Jerry Sandusky’s child sexual abuse case has rested without the former Penn State assistant football coach taking the stand in his own defense.
Pedobear, a mascot used to draw attention to child abuse and stand against the abusers, showed up outside the courthouse in support of the victims of child abuse.
When we do forensic interviews of child sexual abuse victims, it is occasionally necessary to tell the child that other people have come forward, other people have already told what happened.
Jerry Sandusky’s wife testified Tuesday that she remembers most of the men who told a jury that her husband sexually abused them, but she said he never had inappropriate contact with them as boys.
Weeks after Jerry Sandusky was first charged with more than 40 counts of child sex abuse, the former Penn State football coach appeared on National Television with Bob Costas.
Defense attorneys in Jerry Sandusky’s child sex abuse trial suggested in their questioning Tuesday that investigators shared details among accusers, planting the seeds of the alleged victims’ evolving accounts of abuse.
Since the trial began last week, it has been unclear whether or not the defense would call Sandusky to the stand to defend himself because the cross-examination from the prosecutors could be costly.
Time for Joe Amendola to defend the indefensible. He had a bad day in opening arguments and his cross examination of the first witness. If anything, Monday might have been worse.
A former Penn State assistant coach who worked with Jerry Sandusky testified Monday that he and other members of the football staff were present when Sandusky brought young boys into the team’s showers.
The mother of one of Jerry Sandusky’s alleged victims says her son’s underwear was frequently missing from the laundry and he claimed he’d thrown it away because he had an accident.
Thursday marked the end of the prosecutions case, although they did not formally rest. It was a day of intense and unsettling testimony. It had many people who are following this case wondering how to just make all of this stop.
Check out the photo of Sandusky smiling as he leaves the courthouse.
While much of the world cringes at the name Jerry Sandusky, the former Penn State football coach does indeed have a small group of unrelentingly loyal supporters.
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7474
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!