Jesse Jackson Jr.
The primary election for Jesse Jackson Jr.’s 2nd Congressional District seat is next Tuesday and some of the candidates meet Monday for a debate.
One of the front runners to replace ex-Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. is leaving the race.
Disgraced former U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Junior was remembered at the weekly meeting of his father’s Rainbow-PUSH Coalition.
Formal charges against Jesse Jackson Jr. could be filed as soon as Friday and Tuesday at the latest. His plea has also implicated his wife, leading to tax fraud charges against her.
A onetime Illinois Department of Transportation employee has been chosen by Mayor Rahm Emanuel to replace Ald. Sandi Jackson (7th).
Early voting has begun for the February 26 special election to fill the seat of resigned Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr, but WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore reports it’s not the only seat up for grabs in the Chicago area.
As reports circulate of a Jesse Jackson Jr. plea agreement, a contrarian view arises from one who sees the investigation as a diversion from the city’s real problems.
Former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. has signed a plea deal with federal prosecutors, a deal which calls for him to plead guilty to misuse of campaign funds and let a federal judge determine whether he serves any time in prison, CBS 2 has learned.
Second Congressional District candidate Mel Reynolds on Wednesday urged federal authorities to focus on gun violence in Chicago, instead of alleged financial misdealings by former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. and his wife.
Freshman state Sen. Napoleon Harris has dropped his bid for former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr.’s seat and is putting his support behind former state Rep. Robin Kelly.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle said Monday that she’s endorsing state Sen. Toi Hutchinson in the race to replace former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. over her former staffer, state Rep. Robin Kelly.
Workers unloaded box after box at the Jackson family home, bringing dozens of boxes of books, cartons of files, and wardrobes of Jackson’s work clothes taken from his former office on Capitol Hill.
South Side Ald. Sandi Jackson’s resignation takes effect on Tuesday.
A month after denying rumors she planned to step down, Ald. Sandi Jackson (7th) has submitted a resignation letter to the mayor’s office, effective Tuesday, citing the need to focus on “very painful family health matters.”
As expected, there is a very crowded field of candidates vying to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. in Congress. Seventeen Democrats and five Republicans met Monday evening’s deadline to file nominating petitions to run for the 2nd Congressional District seat in the upcoming special election.
Healthcare administrator Joyce Washington and Chicago Alderman Anthony Beale both announced today that they are running for the 2nd District congressional seat.
More than half a dozen Democrats turned in candidacy petitions Thursday to the Illinois Board of Elections.
State Sen. Donne Trotter has decided to end his bid to replace former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr.
“It’s not for me, and certainly elected office is not for me at this time,” Jonathan Jackson said on Tuesday.
State Sen. Donne Trotter (D-Chicago) said Wednesday he still wants Democratic Party bosses to back him in his bid to replace former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr., despite his arrest for having a gun in his luggage at O’Hare International Airport.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!