The Illinois House has passed a measure to require online driver’s education courses for young people who don’t take such classes in high school.
White said African Americans account for 56 percent of those who need an organ transplant, but make up 32 percent of the donors.
Non-profit charity Dreams For Kids is hosting the celebration at the Broadway Armory for more than 1,300 at-risk children.
There are about 40,000 drunk driving arrests in Illinois each year.
It has been an annual tradition for White, who at one time was on the other end of the receiving line.
Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White said Saturday he hopes state lawmakers find a way to oust Derrick Smith from the Illinois House again, after he was re-elected despite being ousted by his colleagues over his bribery indictment.
Former state Rep. Derrick Smith has been indicted for taking a $7,000 cash bribe, and kicked out of the Illinois House, but he still has a good chance of winning back the seat in his West Side district on Tuesday.
The Illinois Secretary of State’s office said Wednesday that about 200 corporations – many of them small businesses – have been caught up in a scam that looks official.
Kill someone with your car, and get a real punishment — that’s the idea behind new proposed legislation in Illinois that could take court supervision off the table in crashes that result in fatalities.
Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White says, if he knew then what he knows now, he would never have supported indicted former State Rep. Derrick Smith, and there would be no controversy about the fate of Smith’s former House seat.
The family of a woman killed in a 2011 traffic accident is angry that the driver who caused the wreck got off relatively easy, even though he allegedly was using his phone at the time. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
Investigators say they have cracked the case of an auto theft ring that stole some 200 vehicles in Chicago.
Illinois is increasing penalties for those who misuse parking placards and license plates for the disabled.
Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White is renewing his call for indicted state Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago) to step down, and says the lawmaker would have done so if not for the paycheck.
An Illinois House panel is asking federal prosecutors for more information about the bribery charges against State Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago).
The Illinois legislature is moving forward with an investigation of State Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago), a process that could potentially lead to his ouster from the General Assembly over his arrest on federal bribery charges.
Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White is calling on his onetime political protégé, State Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago), to resign after his arrest for bribery.
A state lawmaker from the West Side was arrested on bribery charges on Tuesday.
They were once allies, but now Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White and State Sen. Annazette Collins (D-Chicago) are at odds. Collins is threatening to sue White for libel for comparing her to convicted former Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
Gov. Pat Quinn said Monday that he plans to call for significant cuts to Medicaid funding as part of his effort to slash the state budget to spending levels lower than fiscal year 2008.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!