As far as NCAA scandals go, this is as bad as it gets. It’s worse than the worst recruiting violation. It’s worse than free tattoos. It’s worse than top bowl officials skimming money off the top for themselves.
While most conferences around the country continue to juggle expansion talks, Commissioner Jim Delaney reiterated Thursday that the Big Ten is not currently interested in further expansion.
When it comes to college football, I’m generally not one to mess with tradition. I love the sport’s pomp. I revel in its circumstance.
It wasn’t really Armageddon this past Saturday at Notre Dame. It just looked like it was.
Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany said last week that college football is the No. 2 sports in America behind only the NFL. Is he correct?
According to tax records recently acquired by the Associated Press, four of college football’s top conferences pay their commissioners $1 million or more, far exceeding the salary of most university presidents.
CBS Sports and the Big Ten conference have agreed to a multi-year contract extension for the broadcast rights to the conference’s basketball games through the 2016-17 season, the two sides announced on Thursday.
Big Ten president and chancellors have voted to keep the conference football championship game in Indianapolis through at least 2015.
On Feb. 8, 1896 – one month after X-Rays were discovered and nine months before William McKinley was elected as the United States’ 25th president – a the Midwest’s premier universities held a powwow in Chicago and established the Big Ten.
When the Big Ten announced they were adding Nebraska, the response was almost all positive. And when the Big Ten announced the names for the new divisions, the response was almost all negative.
This past summer, when the Big Ten announced that the University of Nebraska was signing on as the league’s 12th team, the Conference That Can’t Count hit a stand-up triple.
Of course the names “Legends” and “Leaders” have been poorly received by fans and critics. The two new Big Ten division names are uninspiring and uncreative, at best.
You know how offensive coordinators can get too “cute” with their play calling when they are already having success? That’s basically what Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany has done since announcing Nebraska would join the conference, allowing for a Big Ten Championship Game to be born.
The Big Ten released it’s new logo and the names for it’s two divisions, today. The addition of Nebraska, next year, will allow for the conference to have two divisions and a championship game.
There has been plenty of talk about Saturday’s Northwestern and Illinois football game at Wrigley Field. Most of the talk has surrounded the safety of the players. Today an announcement was made to help protect them.
CHICAGO — Commissioner Jim Delany expects the Big Ten to hold a championship game next season, when Nebraska joins and brings the league to 12 members. He also said teams will likely play nine conference […]
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.228
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!