Jim Harbaugh has the kind of thoughtful and caring attitude that new Chicago Bears head coach Marc Trestman would be wise to take note of and apply to his own coaching.
Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith could have been called for either defensive holding or illegal contact on the 49ers’ fateful fourth down play that essentially ended Super Bowl XLVII.
I’m not really sure what any of that was, but I damn well know I liked it.
The much talked about Super Bowl matchup between the Harbaugh brothers has been beaten into your head, but did you know it gets more complicated than that?
The Ravens came out of a three-game losing streak to make it to the big game in The Big Easy. December started off rough for the Ravens with consecutive losses to the Steelers, Redskins and Broncos. But as fate would have it, their lowest point became a turning point.
Frank Gore ran for a pair of second-half touchdowns and the 49ers rebounded from a 17-0 deficit to beat the Atlanta Falcons 28-24 in the NFC championship game Sunday, sending San Francisco to the Super Bowl for the first time since 1995.
Adam Hoge grades the Bears following the 49ers’ 32-7 thumping of the Bears at Candlestick Park Monday night.
San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh underwent “a minor procedure” Thursday at Stanford Hospital for an irregular heartbeat.
This game will come down to field position and turnovers. Even if these teams aren’t at full strength on Monday night, we could see them meet again in the NFC Championship game.
When 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh declined a Seahawks penalty in the endzone that would have resulted in a safety late in the fourth quarter last night, he did more than just alter the score of San Francisco’s win.
NFL coaches face incredible pressure to put a winning team on the field and produce championships.
More often than not, “A-List” college coaches – such as the likes of Tressel, Kelly and Schiano – have ended up finding themselves shipwrecked on the NFL shores. It remains to be seen how Schiano will fare in Tampa, but below you’ll find a list of 13 of his predecessors who have experienced a mixed bag (of mostly bad) after beginning their head coaching careers in college before leaping to “The League.”
Lawrence Tynes kicked a winning 31-yard field goal in sudden-death overtime and New York beat the San Francisco 49ers 20-17 in the NFC championship game Sunday night to reach its second Super Bowl in five seasons.
Circle Nov. 17-20 on your must-see-TV calendar. That is when the Presidents Cup is to be played at Royal Melbourne. Thanks to Greg Norman going boxing weigh-in with his Tiger taunts, that golf tourney just got a whole lot more interesting.
The NFL players and owners are currently in a very heated and ugly labor dispute that could put all, or some, of the 2011 season in jeopardy, but caught in the middle of those two sides are the coaches of all 32 teams.
It’s been talked about for over a year, but now the expiration of the collective bargaining agreement is just a few short days away.
Jim Harbaugh’s not coming. And Pat Fitzgerald isn’t either. But Les Miles still might be. Or maybe it’ll be Brady Hoke, some mystery candidate or, hmm…
Jim Harbaugh will leave Stanford to become the new coach of the San Fransisco 49ers.
Andrew Luck didn’t win the Heisman Trophy this year as the nation’s best college football player, that honor went to Auburn’s Cam Newton. But Luck was going to be the likely top pick in the NFL Draft.
Joe Ostrowski is the executive producer of The Laurence Holmes Show & can be heard on Saturdays 8pm-midnight on The Joe O & Rock Show. Purdue(2-2) @ Northwestern(5-0) – 6:30pm NW favored by 9.5 The […]
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!