The Cubs wanted Anibal Sanchez. That much was obvious after the team officially announced the signing of right-hander Edwin Jackson to a four-year contract worth $52 million on Wednesday.
No smashing. No yelling. No cursing in Spanglish. No kidnapping a comely blonde bleacher bummette and climbing to the top of the manual scoreboard as military and police aircraft fire upon him.
Wood needs to be careful if he wants his post-career vision to be realized, and actual baseball is only a part of it.
After 17 seasons with the Cubs, Jim Hendry has found a new home in New York.
I’m done with Carlos Zambrano. The Cubs, however, may not be.
The Cubs are working on a contract extension for embattled President of Business Operations Crane Kenney, Tom Ricketts said Tuesday.
Epstein showed intelligence, confidence, humility, and a healthy dose of humor during the grand-slam press session.
New president of baseball operations for the Chicago Cubs, Theo Epstein, was formally introduced during a press conference at Wrigley Field on Tuesday morning.
Theo Epstein is expected to be announced as Cubs President of Baseball Operations Friday at Wrigley Field.
Bodog didn’t put odds on Mayor Rahm Emanuel coming up with the $200 million in public money the Ricketts would like to help fix Wrigley Field.
According to a report from the Boston Herald, two sources have confirmed that Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein is on the verge of leaving his post with Boston to join the Cubs.
According a report from the Boston Globe, the Chicago Cubs have asked permission from the Boston Red Sox to interview Theo Epstein for the Cubs’ general manager position.
Former Diamondbacks manager and current Cubs TV color analyst Bob Brenly said if the Cubs came to him about managing, he would be interested.
According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, sources indicate the Red Sox will allow general manager Theo Epstein to interview with the Cubs.
Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts doesn’t think the Cubs are too far off from becoming a contender in the National League.
The reports of paranormal activity in the Cubs’ offices began last month. The sightings were frequent, and the stories shared similar, telltale characteristics.
The general managers of the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees are not likely, in either case, to come in to replace Jim Hendry for the Cubs, a published report says.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!