Does no one care that the man is an adulterer, a liar, and a cheat? Shouldn’t support be going out to Petrino’s wife and kids? Shouldn’t people be relieved that Ms. Dorrell wasn’t seriously injured in the crash instead of treating her like she is the problem?
Tressel is taking an administrative position at the school, where he began his coaching career as an undergraduate assistant with the Zips.
Gene Smith, the clueless Ohio State athletic director, shouldn’t be the only one “disappointed with the NCAA’s decision” Tuesday. Smith’s disappointed? How about the players who are still bound to the now non-Bowl-eligible Buckeyes next year?
There’s no question a postseason ban was in order, but I had my doubts that the NCAA would actually hand down such a penalty.
The NCAA gave Ohio State a one-year postseason ban Tuesday and took away four scholarships, while adding an extra year of probation.
Ohio State has been banned from postseason play for one season as part of the NCAA’s final sanctions imposed on the university Tuesday.
Athletic director Gene Smith confirmed to The Associated Press early Tuesday that the NCAA’s committee on infractions would hand down its final sanctions of the Ohio State athletic program at 3 p.m. EST.
As far as NCAA scandals go, this is as bad as it gets. It’s worse than the worst recruiting violation. It’s worse than free tattoos. It’s worse than top bowl officials skimming money off the top for themselves.
Ohio State’s hearing before the NCAA took only four hours. Now it must wait up to 12 weeks to find out how it will be penalized for rules broken by its football program.
Ohio State will avoid the always serious “failure to monitor” charge that could have resulted in a postseason or television ban.
An evaluation of former Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel’s job performance in 2005-06 rated him as “unacceptable” in self-reporting violations in a timely manner.
Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith says he’s disappointed with “where we are” in terms of NCAA violations by its football program and the sanctions that will come with it.
Interim Ohio State coach Luke Fickell said Monday that he didn’t know of any rules violations that occurred under Jim Tressel.
The once proud Ohio State football program suffered a black eye as a result of scandals involving head coach Jim Tressel and star quarterback Terrelle Pryor. According to university President E. Gordon Gee, the scandal is “but a temporary condition.”
On Thursday, Ohio State president Gordon Gee confirmed that NCAA investigators have left the university’s campus after reviewing allegations that football players received improper benefits, including the selling or trading memorabilia.
These past few years on fall Saturday afternoons, I’ve found myself watching Ohio State football knowing the athletes in Columbus, Ohio represented the best college had to offer.
Just a week after Jim Tressel resigned as Ohio State’s head coach, Terrelle Pryor is also on his way out.
The NFL is embroiled in a lockout. And its players are ticked. The NBA might be headed toward a lockout. And its players will be ticked. The NCAA, meanwhile, is not headed toward a lockout. After all, it doesn’t pay its players.
Terrelle Pryor’s godfather and legal guardian believes the embattled quarterback will finish his career at Ohio State.
It’s been nearly a year since Nebraska agreed to join the Big Ten. Everything that has happened since has been a disaster.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!